Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I didn't make any changes or update at all.
I can get to Clover as normal, but booting to Sierra simply gives a slow crawl on the status bar. When it completes, the machine shuts down (and does not restart). I don't see a stopsign or any other prompts - it all just goes black and doesn't come back unless I re-power the box.

Win10 still boots just fine.

My machine profile is current, and the attached images are -v

If you can help get me a little further toward troubleshooting this - thank you!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 41
If you can help get me a little further toward troubleshooting this - thank you!
Looks to me like file system corruption or a faulty hard drive.

Will have a look - I can access/read the Mac drive when I boot to Windows, so hopefully the drive is not a loss. If the OS got corrupted, is there a guide for repairing it (and keep the hackintosh setup) without having to wipe the drive?

This is a sign of corrupt storage disk directory structure.

Try the following:
Boot the Mac into Single User Mode (-s available via space bar at Clover menu)
How to Enter/Edit Boot Flags in Clover

When the Single User boot sequence has finished, you’ll find a small command prompt at the bottom of the screen prefixed by a hash sign (#), when you see that type the following command exactly:
Code:
fsck -fy
Once fsck completes, if you see a “File system was modified” message, then you should run “fsck -fy” again until you see a message stating “The volume (name) appears to be OK” – this is standard procedure of using fsck

Type “reboot” to leave Single User Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back