Contribute
Register

Sierra USB will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and thank you for any insight you can offer. I have an Asus P8Z68-V motherboard paired with an Intel core I5 2500k. The system has 8gb of RAM and a 256gb Samsung SSD. Though I have an Nvidia card, I'm using the onboard GPU. I've read several install guides for my motherboard. After several attempts I created a Sierra boot USB using Unibeast with my MacBook. But try as I might, I can't get the USB to boot so I can install. I use F8 to select the USB to boot off of, but it reverts to the window install on my SSD.

I'm thinking my bios setting must be off, unless there is something else I am missing.

Hello and thank you for any insight you can offer. I have an Asus P8Z68-V motherboard paired with an Intel core I5 2500k. The system has 8gb of RAM and a 256gb Samsung SSD. Though I have an Nvidia card, I'm using the onboard GPU. I've read several install guides for my motherboard. After several attempts I created a Sierra boot USB using Unibeast with my MacBook. But try as I might, I can't get the USB to boot so I can install. I use F8 to select the USB to boot off of, but it reverts to the window install on my SSD.

I'm thinking my bios setting must be off, unless there is something else I am missing.
I have never installed on Asus MoBo . But based your descriptions two things stand out.

1. Have you Enabled all the BIOS options connected with USB booting? One often omitted step I have seen in this Forum is forgetting to ENABLE EHCI -hand off . So check your BIOS options.

2. It is not a good idea to have any other SATA disks other than the Target for Sierra Installation connected on the MoBo while installing Hackintosh System. Similarly disconnecting all USB devices except for the Sierra USB Installer disk and USB Mouse and Keyboard will make the installation process a lot easier in hackintosh as we are trying to tame a set of non-apple Hardware to behave as mac and it is always easier if we don't have distractions we can avoid like a Windows or Linux System disk coming in the way or an unneeded USB device leaching Power from USB ports.
This is not a hard and fast rule, but from personal experience I have found them very helpful for a smooth macOS installation.

3. Finally, in Clover Config.plist >"Devices" section under "USB", placing [√]FixOwnership is something that can help to boot from USB disk.
[See image for visual help]

The last step needs taking the USB Installer disk to the system it was created and downloading and running Clover configurator -vibrant (CC-V)from http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-mac.php?version=vibrant and mounting the EFI Partition of the USB installer on to the Desktop and mouse click navigation from EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist and open with CCV and going to "Devices" menu [See uploaded image for details] to place [√] FixOwnership

Attachments

• Cplist_CCV_USB_FixOwnership [√].png
    Cplist_CCV_USB_FixOwnership [√].png
    250.4 KB · Views: 102
@toreason4, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

disable legacy boot, only uefi is recomended, on operating system select "other OS", disable fastboot, disable secureboot, disable virtualization, use sata achi, enable echi and xchi hands off, should boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back