Contribute
Register

Sierra USB boots into installer, but installer doesn't load?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 PC Mate
CPU
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, I've created a Unibeast boot drive and it boots through the Apple loading screen just fine. I am then put into what I assume is the OS X installer, but it is just stuck with the loading icon (I can move the mouse), and didn't go anywhere when I left it for 30 minutes. Also, the installer seems to be trying to output to my first monitor, but the monitor itself stops detecting a signal and goes to sleep as soon as I leave the Apple booting screen. I just used the default Sierra / UEFI boot settings in Unibeast. Here is a picture if you don't get what I'm saying: http://i.imgur.com/undefined.jpg. I didn't install any additional kexts than the ones that were picked by Unibesat, and here are all the startup arguments I've tried: GraphicsEnabler=Yes rootless=0 nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 -v -x

Here are my specs:
CPU : i7 4770k
Cooler : Cryorig H7
MOBO : MSI Z97 PC Mate
GPU : R9 380 4GB NItro
RAM : 2x4GB DDR3-1866MHz (OC to 2133MHz)
SSD : OCZ Tritonal 150 (my windows boot drive)
HDD : Some 10 year old Samsung HDD
PSU : EVGA 500W 800+ Bronze
Case : NZXT Phantom 240
WiFi + BT : TP-Link Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800) no bluetooth
Lighting : no
Keyboard : Corsair K65 LUX RGB
Mouse : Corsair M65 RGB
Monitor : 2x Acer 1080p IPS (main =HDMI, secondary = DVI single link)
DAC : none
Speakers : turtle beach headset

Wat do? :C

There is no requirement to host your images on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.
Your link is invalid anyway.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No is for the Chimera boot loader and is not valid in Clover.

Boot in verbose mode and attach a picture of the screen when it stops.
Verbose mode does nothing, I have no problem with the Apple logo / loading bar screen. When that finishes, the console from verbose disappears and I get put into a white screen with the loading cursor swirling around, and nothing else happens.

You're trying a fresh install? In that case:
If you've created your bootable USB using Unibeast 7.1.0 and Sierra 10.12.4 you'll encounter this problem. You'll have to wait for a Unibeast update or find a 10.12.0 Installer or older and update after the install.

Last edited:
find a 10.12.0 Installer or older and update after the install.

how do I go about doing that? I'm having the same problem as the guy who posted this thread and I'm having no luck fixing this whatsoever

You're trying a fresh install? In that case:
If you've created your bootable USB using Unibeast 7.1.0 and Sierra 10.12.4 you'll encounter this problem. You'll have to wait for a Unibeast update or find a 10.12.0 Installer or older and update after the install.

Thank you so much I visited the post. I installed the new version of Unibeast and I installed Sierra 10.12.4 on my USB. Now it's working proply. Thank you.

how do I go about doing that? I'm having the same problem as the guy who posted this thread and I'm having no luck fixing this whatsoever

For me worked, see my reply to Kroet

I was using 7.0.1 and have tried the latest one and it worked! thanks a lot!

I was using 7.0.1 and have tried the latest one and it worked! thanks a lot!
Thank you so much I visited the post. I installed the new version of Unibeast and I installed Sierra 10.12.4 on my USB. Now it's working proply. Thank you.
What exactly did you do that worked?

Last edited:
I just installed Sierra on the latest unibeast app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back