ASUS Z-370 E ROG STRIX Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hi All,

at the tail end of a successful coffee lake hackintosh build. Only a couple things left...

I can't seem to get my usb 3.0 ports working post install. the devices that I plug in are recognized in bios, but not recognized in system report. I have tried USBinjectall.kext, and genericusbxhci.kext (as I believe my USB ports are provided by asmedia). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached images of Library/exentions and also my kexts/other folder in case theres something conflicting that I'm not aware of.

Thanks in advance.
Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 12.43.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 12.43.25 PM.png

Ok- so after further research and testing, I am completely stumped. I have tried just about everything online. I keep landing on Genericusbxhci.kext as a possible solution for asmedia supplied USB ports. However, this does not work for me whatsoever.

Furthermore, the only USB 3.0 device I can get to mount (and only with a usb 2.0 cable) is a backup drive from an old iMac.

Will modifying the SSDT help in this case? Is the fundamental problem my mobo/asmedia provided USB ports?

This is what my USB tree looks like in system report. not sure if thats helpful or not...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 1.24.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 1.24.11 PM.png
    31 KB · Views: 507
Can you tell me what you did to get it working in the first place? Mine won’t boot the installer same MB as you.

Can you tell me what you did to get it working in the first place? Mine won’t boot the installer same MB as you.

I got everything fully working- recreating the installer using High Sierra and manually installing kexts (no multibeast) seem to do the trick. I intend on publishing a guide in the user builds section- just need to find time!

I would check your BIOS settings (there are reccommended bios settings for ASUS mobos out there) and if that’s not working try a different USB port.

Make sure your HDMI cable is plugged into motherboard when first booting, and that your graphics card is out of the computer.

I had to take the graphics card out when first installing OSX, and then add the kexts/drivers, and once everything was in place I re-installed it and booted with HDMI in graphics card- No problem.

Additionally, post a screenshot of the output in verbose mode.

I think one of those or any combination of those things should solve it.

do you have a place where to get all the drivers?

@rene415, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I got everything fully working- recreating the installer using High Sierra and manually installing kexts (no multibeast) seem to do the trick. I intend on publishing a guide in the user builds section- just need to find time!

Hi PaalW...did you get post your fix under user builds? I'm having the identical problems, and would appreciate seeing how you fixed. Thanks!!

I would check your BIOS settings (there are reccommended bios settings for ASUS mobos out there) and if that’s not working try a different USB port.

Make sure your HDMI cable is plugged into motherboard when first booting, and that your graphics card is out of the computer.

I had to take the graphics card out when first installing OSX, and then add the kexts/drivers, and once everything was in place I re-installed it and booted with HDMI in graphics card- No problem.

Additionally, post a screenshot of the output in verbose mode.

I think one of those or any combination of those things should solve it.
Hi Thanks for the info, we have the same Motherboard..nice. Can you please screen shot the BIOs..that will be great mate ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back