Graphics
Nvidia GTX 560 1GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

I have succes installing Sierra on my PC, but now I have problems
I have 6 USB rear port and 4 USB front port. When I used to use Yosemite they work fine.
When I finished to install Sierra, all USB work... Later, I chose this configuration (see photo) for multebeast, installed and restarted.
Now, They only work 3 USB, and the other 3 doesnt work. Front port always work. I have installed multibeast and I dont choose any option because my motherboard is series 6. If I change the port USB, the device will work. What can I do?
I try to install Yosemite usb drivers and it fixed the usb 3.0 problem (now they works), but USB 2.0 doest work
Anybody can help me?

Regards

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2016-11-25 a las 4.23.00.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-11-25 a las 4.23.00.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Captura de pantalla 2016-11-25 a las 4.22.42.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-11-25 a las 4.22.42.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 141
help please

First look at your manual and see which ports are controlled by what controllers, like an ASMedia controller controlling certain ports.

Next see if there's a Legacy setting in the BIOS, and if it already set see if there is a Compatibility setting for USB 2.0.

Lastly you may want to re-run MultiBeast and just select the USB section one at a time, then write it out to the disk and reboot and see if the ports now work correctly.

Thanks you @kiiroaka
But i dont find the manual which has ports controllers.. I only have found this
ftp://europe.asrock.com/Manual/P67%20Pro3.pdf

When I finished to install Sierra, all USB work... Later, I chose this configuration (see photo) for multebeast, installed and restarted.
Now, They only work 3 USB, and the other 3 doesnt work.

Luckily you already know that before you ran Mult-Beast all the USB ports worked.

Hopefully the gurus here can help you remove the MultiBeast generated kext files.

The USB3.0 ports are controlled by an Etron EJ168A chip. The Etron EJ168A chip can do USB1.0/2.0/3.0 up to 5 Gb/s.

Under the I/O Config section you will want to disable the Floppy Controller, disable the Serial Port, disable the Infrared Port

Under the USB Section:
USB 2.0 Controller Use this item to enable or disable the use of USB 2.0 controller.

USB 3.0 Controller Use this item to enable or disable the use of USB 3.0 controller.

Legacy USB Support Use this option to select legacy support for USB devices. There are four configuration options:
[Enabled],
[Auto],
[Disabled] and
[UEFI Setup Only].

The default value is [Enabled]. Please refer to below descriptions for the details of these four options:

[Enabled] - Enables support for legacy USB.
[Auto] - Enables legacy support if USB devices are connected.
[Disabled] - USB devices are not allowed to use under legacy OS and UEFI setup when [Disabled] is selected.

If you have USB compatibility issue, it is recommended to select [Disabled] to enter OS.
[UEFI Setup Only] - USB devices are allowed to use only under UEFI setup and Windows / Linux OS.
page 58 of your manual.

So make sure that the USB2.0 ports are enabled and try it with Legacy enabled and disabled.

The easiest thing to try is to change the Mac ID to 14,2 instead of 13,2 and then see if the ports work okay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back