Contribute
Register

Sierra: trying to bootcamp Win 10. Not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I'm having trouble installing W10 on my desktop running Sierra. First thing is that BootCamp Assistant tells me I need an optic drive and won't ask me where my iso is. If I use Daemon Tools Lite to trick it into seeing a DVD drive it then downloads files on my bootable FAT-formatted MBR usb, but then nothing shows up at boot (I still only see Boot OSX in CLover). Booting straight from the USB won't work either.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

@theclaw
BootCamp Assistant will not install Windows on PC hardware. Boot the Windows installer direct and install with the Windows installer.
For further assistance, need your hardware info. Please follow the forum rules and enter your hardware into your profile and/or create a sig.

Hi,

What infos do I need to put in the hardware ? I mean I'm not even sure of what's in that machine :)

Hi,

What infos do I need to put in the hardware ? I mean I'm not even sure of what's in that machine :)
Is this an off-the-shelf OEM from Dell, HP, Acer, etc. or was it built from parts?
If off-the-shelf, give manufacturer and model

Nope it's built from parts, I got it from a company sale.

I could probably get the Bios ID but I've got no clue about the graphics, network, etc... I can get the HD info from the Bios I get.

Nope it's built from parts, I got it from a company sale.

I could probably get the Bios ID but I've got no clue about the graphics, network, etc... I can get the HD info from the Bios I get.
does it have an OS running on it now? Windows, maybe?

does it have an OS running on it now? Windows, maybe?
has my Sierra install on it.

I've got one SSD running Yosemite, one SSD running Sierra (that I wich to install W10 on) and one 1GB SATA disk for data, movies, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back