RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have built a succesfull installation of Sierra on my Skylake system (Gigabyte Z170 HD3P).
Nearly all is working perfectly. Only a half thing makes problems: Wakeing up from sleep.

If I touch the keyboard or mouse during the system is in a deep sleeping state (hardware is off - no lighting LED) the system wakes up but the monitor syncs only for a second (can see it on a LED) but stays black und gets no video signals despites the system hardware is fully active and responding.

What I find strange is twofold:
1. If I send the system to sleep and touch the keyboard some seconds later (system ist not shut down but screen black), waking up and a clear display is no problem.
2. Even more strange: If the system is in deep sleep (LED on PC are off) and I touch the power button on the PC shortly, the system wakes up and screen is okay!!!

I could live with touching the power button but I'm so used to touch the keyboard for waking up the system I can not change my behaviour, because I instinctively press a key at the keyboard.

Any idea?

Last edited:
my work perfectly but when i came back from sleep i've black screen and i must force shut down

my work perfectly but when i came back from sleep i've black screen and i must force shut down
try to wake it up via power button...
by the way: it would help if you tale the time to fill out the form for your system completely (the motherboard...)

i tried but don't work
i tried to change definiton to mac pro o higer imac and all work but i've black screen after wake up.

Last edited:
i tried but don't work
i tried to change definiton to mac pro o higer imac and all work but i've black screen after wake up.
try iMac 14.2 - it is the only one which works well in my case.

Hello guys,

my hack
ga-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Ati 6850 1GB
I7 2700k

I read that the ATI cards do not wake up from sleep, and the only way is to set the bios on the motherboard integrated graphics card as the primary card.

So I tried inserting a DVI cable to the integrated card and hdmi cable to the ATI card all connected to the same monitor. Everything works.

the hassle is to have two connected cables. It also works only leave connected the hdmi cable from ati card to the monitor but then when you turn your hack will see the black screen until the Sierra login screen. For basic configurations with a single operating system would be acceptable, in my case Yosemite use for my Digital Audio Workstation and Sierra for the work I have to leave connected the two cables always.

Finally you might choose to delete forever Ati radeon 6850 card and use only Intel HD3000 for all installations present

If anyone knows a better method exposes him as well.

With my Sierra configuration works fine without special kext than those on Multibeast even iMessage works correctly

See you soon

I have built a succesfull installation of Sierra on my Skylake system (Gigabyte Z170 HD3P).
Nearly all is working perfectly. Only a half thing makes problems: Wakeing up from sleep.

If I touch the keyboard or mouse when the system is in a deep sleeping state (hardware is off - no lighting LED) the system wakes up but the monitor syncs only for a second (can see it on a LED) but stays black und gets no video signals despites the system hardware is fully active and responding.

What I find strange is twofold:
1. If I send the system to sleep and touch the keyboard some seconds later (system ist not shut down but screen black), waking up and a clear display is no problem.
2. Even more strange: If the system is in deep sleep (LED on PC are off) and I touch the power button on the PC shortly, the system wakes up and screen is okay!!!

I could live with touching the power button but I'm so used to touch the keyboard for waking up the system I can not change my behaviour, because I instinctively press a key at the keyboard.

Any idea?
I have exactly the same problem! Waking from sleep with power button works; any USB input wakes everything but the screen.

I have exactly the same problem! ...
So we have the same problem but still no idea how to solve it. It mustb have to do with Sierra because before with El Capitain it was no problem with the same hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back