Contribute
Register

[Solved] Sierra @ Skylake: Wake up problems from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
the same problem here, very annoying. have the Z68XP-ud3 and ATI Radeon 6870. tried everything but still black screen after sleep. Do you know anything? grtz
Known problem with Sierra and AMD graphics = Black screen after wake from sleep.

You have already been told this in your own thread, why are you asking again ?

Last edited:
the same problem here, very annoying. have the Z68XP-ud3 and ATI Radeon 6870. tried everything but still black screen after sleep. Do you know anything? grtz

Sleep works fine with the 6870 same with Powermanagement. You might have another problem. But the 6870 i have seems to be fine.

Known problem with Sierra and AMD graphics = Black screen after wake from sleep.

You have already been told this in your own thread, why are you asking again ?

P1LGRIM that means that today there isn't still a know solution for this problem when in the configuration there is a Radeon that work with Sierra OSx?

I have same sleep problem in OSx Sierra. It'll go to sleep without problem but on wake the system goes up and running correctly but the monitor is off with black screen. After a few minutes that wakes up with display black screen it restart

For me darkwake=0 doesn't work

thanks

Last edited:
Very strange. Someone can explain me why the last posts has been removed? I was trying to solve the wake up problem following the test already did from Jordy but I don't find his post anymore...

Hi,

After all i've read it has to be the radeon (in my case).
Did several clean installs with the usual bios tweaks (disable usb3 etc) and everything seems to work fine.

Remaining the wake from sleep issue.

So far i tried:
multibeast settings (sierra 9.0.1)
- Legacy boot mode
- Realtec ALC 889 (audio)
- 3rd party SATA
- All the fakeSMC options but left the NullCPUPowermanagement option blank
- Latest realtek network kext (wifi)
- 3rd party USB 3.0
- Clover Legacy Boot Mode v2.3k r3766
- No ATI injection (since this is for older cards)
- Sandy Bridge Core i7 SSDT
- System definitions mac pro 5,1, mac pro 6,1 and imac 14,2

I also tried, with clover (configurator 4.36.0) to add PNLF but without succes.
Darkwake=0 not working.
Screensharing (because i assumed that the visible cursor and the AppStore message must have ment that the issue only was somewhere in the output of my card.

I mean it shows stuff but not everything. Anyway screen sharing gives the same issue.

I'm stuck and i'm no DSDT editor and especially i don't no what to edit.
Every time i try to test something it works out i have to install all over again.

Anyone?

thanks

Have been using the refi 64 bit driver "CsmVideoDxe" before and it has been working. after a clover update it wasn't anymore however.
After setting darkwake=0 it works again ! (disabled driver there after)

Thanks guys

Have been using the refi 64 bit driver "CsmVideoDxe" before and it has been working. after a clover update it wasn't anymore however.
After setting darkwake=0 it works again ! (disabled driver there after)

Thanks guys

Recommend removing CsmVideoDxe when using dedicated Graphics it not needed.

I recently had a problem where my computer was crashing upon wake up from sleep, forcing a reboot. This all started with the Sierra upgrade to 10.12.4. I was hoping that 12.5 would fix this, but it didn't. After researching this for weeks, I found that upgrading Clover to 2.4, build 4077, fixed not only the sleep problem, but other display and sound problems. The only thing I can't get clover to do is to select the OS hard drive and boot from that, but I can live with that.

try iMac 14.2 - it is the only one which works well in my case.
This works for me, thanks.
Edit:
Well after the 4 wake my Custom Mac restart but with darkwake=0 until now all works fine and the wake process is very fast.

Last edited:
Same problem again occured under High Sierra. darkwake=0 and iMac 14.2 do not work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back