Contribute
Register

Sierra post-installation problem (Ethernet, Battery Level, Brightness)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, this is my first post; after days of work i finally successfully installed MacOs Sierra on my HP 250 g3, with clover.
The OS is working, but i still have some problems that i don't know how to solve.
1) The Brightness is low and i can't change it
2) I tried to find the correct kext for my Ethernet Module (Realtek pcie FE family controller) but the latest kext that i found on the Realtek's website is for Os X 10.6. I search only the Ethernet kext because i know that my wifi card is not compatible (Ralink RT3290)
3) The Battery status (if the Laptop is not in charging) is always at the 0%
What i have to do for solve those problems?
Thank in advance for the help

Hi guys, this is my first post; after days of work i finally successfully installed MacOs Sierra on my HP 250 g3, with clover.
The OS is working, but i still have some problems that i don't know how to solve.
1) The Brightness is low and i can't change it
2) I tried to find the correct kext for my Ethernet Module (Realtek pcie FE family controller) but the latest kext that i found on the Realtek's website is for Os X 10.6. I search only the Ethernet kext because i know that my wifi card is not compatible (Ralink RT3290)
3) The Battery status (if the Laptop is not in charging) is always at the 0%
What i have to do for solve those problems?
Thank in advance for the help

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Ok, i have follow your guide and i successfully installed Sierra on my HP, the OS works correctly, the backlight is amazing and the battery level works perfect. (i have patched DSDT for battery level and SSDT5 for backlight)
Now i still have two problem that i don't know how to solve:
1) The audio doesn't work, i have applied to the DSDT the "Audio layout 12" patch, and i put 12 in the clover config.plist audio inject box, but the audio always not work (Codec: Realtek ALC3201-GR)
2) If i plug an HDMI connector (For example to the tv) the screen become black, but the TV doesn't receive any image, after that, if i unplug the HDMI connector the Laptop will automatically restart.
Thanks for the help and the patience.

Ok, i have follow your guide and i successfully installed Sierra on my HP, the OS works correctly, the backlight is amazing and the battery level works perfect. (i have patched DSDT for battery level and SSDT5 for backlight)
Now i still have two problem that i don't know how to solve:
1) The audio doesn't work, i have applied to the DSDT the "Audio layout 12" patch, and i put 12 in the clover config.plist audio inject box, but the audio always not work (Codec: Realtek ALC3201-GR)
2) If i plug an HDMI connector (For example to the tv) the screen become black, but the TV doesn't receive any image, after that, if i unplug the HDMI connector the Laptop will automatically restart.
Thanks for the help and the patience.

Audio requires the correct patched AppleHDA components and correct ACPI patches to match.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

HDMI audio:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-dp-audio-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell.189495/

ok i followed the two guides, and now the normal audio is working, but the HDMI still not works.
i have patched the DSDT with the layout-id 3 (i read that the 12 is for the desktop pcs and the 3 for the laptops) and i have applied the "Rename B0D3 to HDAU" patch at the DSDT and at the SSDT5 and i have changed the layout's option from 12 to 3 in the patch and i also patched the GFX0 to IGPU how probable solution of the problem but nothing is changed so i have followed this line guide for the troubleshooting:
- Checking for "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" (It's onboard-1 in HDAU and IGPU)
- You should find HDAU (not B0D3) under PCI0 (HDAU it's correctly under PCI0)
- Checking layout-id (The layout ID's of HDAU and HDEF is the same: 03 00 00 00)
- Check under HDAU for FakePCIID loading (FakePCIID it's under IGPU and not under HDAU)
- Checking the frame buffer
The last one it's not good, the frame buffer @1 and @2 have the same connector-type 00 04 00 00 and all my attempts to patch it are failed.
if i didn't understand bad, i have to put in my clover's config.plist the correct ig-platform-id and i tried all the data that you have provide in the linked guide (0xa260006, 0xa260005, 0xa260000, 0xa160000, 0xa2e0008, 0xa2e000a) and i have the two kext that i need (FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio), but the result is always the same, the HDMI doesn't work.
i attached my two .aml patched, the clover's config.plist and the IOReg Report.
thanks again for the help.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 96
  • MacBook Air.zip
    393.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    35.1 KB · Views: 83
  • SSDT5.aml.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 61
ok i followed the two guides, and now the normal audio is working, but the HDMI still not works.
i have patched the DSDT with the layout-id 3 (i read that the 12 is for the desktop pcs and the 3 for the laptops) and i have applied the "Rename B0D3 to HDAU" patch at the DSDT and at the SSDT5 and i have changed the layout's option from 12 to 3 in the patch and i also patched the GFX0 to IGPU how probable solution of the problem but nothing is changed so i have followed this line guide for the troubleshooting:
- Checking for "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" (It's onboard-1 in HDAU and IGPU)
- You should find HDAU (not B0D3) under PCI0 (HDAU it's correctly under PCI0)
- Checking layout-id (The layout ID's of HDAU and HDEF is the same: 03 00 00 00)
- Check under HDAU for FakePCIID loading (FakePCIID it's under IGPU and not under HDAU)
- Checking the frame buffer
The last one it's not good, the frame buffer @1 and @2 have the same connector-type 00 04 00 00 and all my attempts to patch it are failed.
if i didn't understand bad, i have to put in my clover's config.plist the correct ig-platform-id and i tried all the data that you have provide in the linked guide (0xa260006, 0xa260005, 0xa260000, 0xa160000, 0xa2e0008, 0xa2e000a) and i have the two kext that i need (FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio), but the result is always the same, the HDMI doesn't work.
i attached my two .aml patched, the clover's config.plist and the IOReg Report.
thanks again for the help.

In the ioreg you attached, there is no HDMI device connected.
Also, both framebuffer@1 and @2 still have connector-type as DP.

In the ioreg you attached, there is no HDMI device connected.
Also, both framebuffer@1 and @2 still have connector-type as DP.

i know, that's the problem. Pc has the physical HDMI port, but also after the patch, the OS still recognize the port like a DP and not like an HDMI.
What can i do for change the connector-type from 00 04 00 00 (DP) to 00 08 00 00 (HDMI)?
Because, confirm it, the other set seem correct.
For make it change i try the other ig_platform_id but nothing change.
i can't see the IoReg if i connect an HDMI device, because the screen becomes black and the pc stop responding and i have to force the shutdown

Last edited:
i know, that's the problem. Pc has the physical HDMI port, but also after the patch, the OS still recognize the port like a DP and not like an HDMI.
What can i do for change the connector-type from 00 04 00 00 (DP) to 00 08 00 00 (HDMI)?
Because, confirm it, the other set seem correct.
For make it change i try the other ig_platform_id but nothing change.
i can't see the IoReg if i connect an HDMI device, because the screen becomes black and the pc stop responding and i have to force the shutdown

Read guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-dp-audio-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell.189495/

If you have an issue, read especially "Problem Reporting".

Read guide:

I checked better the guide and now the Frame-buffer@2's ID is '00 08 00 00', but the HDMI still not works, so i read "Problem Reporting" and i attach to the post, the Clover folder and the terminal output.
A good news is that i tried to install a maverick kext for the ethernet and now LAN works.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 118
  • Terminal Output.zip
    341.7 KB · Views: 80
  • MacBook Air.zip
    400.8 KB · Views: 86

I checked better the guide and now the Frame-buffer@2's ID is '00 08 00 00', but the HDMI still not works, so i read "Problem Reporting" and i attach to the post, the Clover folder and the terminal output.

What happens when you plug in an HDMI monitor?
Your monitor may be connecting to the 0105 port (@1). You should patch for both. Also you may need the (12) variant patches.

A good news is that i tried to install a maverick kext for the ethernet and now LAN works.

Mieze's Realtek FE driver is not just for Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back