Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X UD5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 960
After i go through the installation, in clover configurator, it shows that the current mounted boot disk is the recovery hd. But it was not in safe mode when i formatted the drive in disk utility and installed the OS. I think this is why it keeps auto rebooting at the apple screen after i pull out the USB installer drive and restart the computer.

The other problem im having is that the Samsung M.2 SSD i have installed on the motherboard can only be seen in safe mode. Its formatted to ntfs, so why is it not seen? Has anyone run into these problems?

Intel i7 7700K
Gigabyte Z270X UD5 Motherboard
EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Samsung 950 Evo M.2

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
After i go through the installation, in clover configurator, it shows that the current mounted boot disk is the recovery hd. But it was not in safe mode when i formatted the drive in disk utility and installed the OS. I think this is why it keeps auto rebooting at the apple screen after i pull out the USB installer drive and restart the computer.

The other problem im having is that the Samsung M.2 SSD i have installed on the motherboard can only be seen in safe mode. Its formatted to ntfs, so why is it not seen? Has anyone run into these problems?

Intel i7 7700K
Gigabyte Z270X UD5 Motherboard
EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Samsung 950 Evo M.2

After i go through the installation, in clover configurator, it shows that the current mounted boot disk is the recovery hd.

How did you conclude it is the Recovery HD that is mounted and NOT the System Disk?
  • Did you find an EFI Partition on the Desktop?
  • Did you click EFI to find what is inside that 'mounted' Partition?
  • Please find a few pointers I have annotated on the image you have uploaded that might be helpful to you.
I think this is why it keeps auto rebooting at the apple screen after i pull out the USB installer drive and restart the computer.
Did you Install Clover Bootloader (using Multibeast or stand-alone Clover EFI) on the System disk?
Did you edit the CLOVER folder of the System Disk with required Files?
Did you edit the config.plist of the System Disk with required modification for your Kaby Lake system and Nvidia GTX 950 Graphics Card?

The other problem im having is that the Samsung M.2 SSD i have installed on the motherboard can only be seen in safe mode.

You have not mentioned what Operating System you have installed on the above disk.
Presuming it is Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, in what 'Boot Mode' have you installed the OS on that disk?

Unless you clearly post information only you have about your Computer, readers cannot answer your questions to help you.
Its formatted to ntfs, so why is it not seen?
Seen where?

Attachments

• CC_V_EFI Mounted.png
    CC_V_EFI Mounted.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 73
Thanks cmn699,
  • How did you conclude it is the Recovery HD that is mounted and NOT the System Disk
Its listed as recovery hd in the mount efi tab of clover configurator.
At the Clover selection screen just after bootup, i selected the drive i installed the os sierra on (disk0s1).
I can open the config.plist of this drive but cant save any changes i make. An error window comes on saying i dont have permission to make changes.
  • Did you find an EFI Partition on the Desktop? Did you click EFI to find what is inside that 'mounted' Partition?
There was an EFI folder on the desktop that had the boot,clover,kext,etc files inside. In the attached picture on my post, the USB drive (disk1s1) is the partition for the installer i made just before running unibeast.

• Did you Install Clover Bootloader (using Multibeast or stand-alone Clover EFI) on the System disk?
I added to applications: multibeast, unibeast, kextbeast and efi mounter v3

• Did you edit the CLOVER folder of the System Disk with required Files? Did you edit the config.plist of the System Disk with required modification for your Kaby Lake system and Nvidia GTX 950 Graphics Card?
I followed tonymacx86' guide along with a few other users that have a similar hardware setup (i7 7700K, GA Z270X UD5 motherboard).

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ported-intel-based-pc.200564/#create_unibeast
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7-7700-gigabyte-nvidia-gt-geforce-220.214933/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-ga-z270x-ultra-gaming-and-ga-z270x-ud5-pictures.214622/

I used the changes & kexts they did (fakesmc,fakepciid,nullpowermanagement,lilu, usbinjectall,and a few others for audio and ethernet). I also tried replacing their config.plist and/or entire folder for what mine had generated after the install.

Then i run multibeast and kextbeast before ejecting the usb drive and restart the computer.
After the restart i go into BIOS to set the boot drive. once it reboots again, a screen comes up saying no devices are recognized. If i override and boot from main disk, the apple with black screen comes up. But as soon as the loading bar comes up, itll cycle reboot and keep doing that.

• You have not mentioned what Operating System you have installed on the above disk.
I installed the latest osx sierra 10.12.6 onto a fully formatted samsung 850 evo. It was meant to be installed on the samsung 960 m.2 thats on the motherboard. But it doesnt show up mounted in the finders window under devices. And its not showing up in disk utility either.The only time it did show up was when i tried to do the install when it was booted up under safe mode.

• Unless you clearly post information only you have about your Computer, readers cannot answer your questions to help you.
What can i upload to help show more info on my computer?

Thanks cmn699,
  • How did you conclude it is the Recovery HD that is mounted and NOT the System Disk
At the Clover selection screen just after bootup, i selected the drive i installed the os sierra on (disk0s1).
I can open the config.plist of this drive but cant save any changes i make. An error window comes on saying i dont have permission to make changes.
  • Did you find an EFI Partition on the Desktop? Did you click EFI to find what is inside that 'mounted' Partition?
There was an EFI folder on the desktop that had the boot,clover,kext,etc files inside. In the attached picture on my post, the USB drive (disk1s1) is the partition for the installer i made just before running unibeast.

• Did you Install Clover Bootloader (using Multibeast or stand-alone Clover EFI) on the System disk?
I added to applications: multibeast, unibeast, kextbeast and efi mounter v3

• Did you edit the CLOVER folder of the System Disk with required Files? Did you edit the config.plist of the System Disk with required modification for your Kaby Lake system and Nvidia GTX 950 Graphics Card?
I followed tonymacx86' guide along with a few other users that have a similar hardware setup (i7 7700K, GA Z270X UD5 motherboard).

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ported-intel-based-pc.200564/#create_unibeast
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7-7700-gigabyte-nvidia-gt-geforce-220.214933/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-ga-z270x-ultra-gaming-and-ga-z270x-ud5-pictures.214622/

I used the changes & kexts they did (fakesmc,fakepciid,nullpowermanagement,lilu, usbinjectall,and a few others for audio and ethernet). I also tried replacing their config.plist and/or entire folder for what mine had generated after the install.

Then i run multibeast and kextbeast before ejecting the usb drive and restart the computer.
After the restart i go into BIOS to set the boot drive. once it reboots again, a screen comes up saying no devices are recognized. If i override and boot from main disk, the apple with black screen comes up. But as soon as the loading bar comes up, itll cycle reboot and keep doing that.

• You have not mentioned what Operating System you have installed on the above disk.
I installed the latest osx sierra 10.12.6 onto a fully formatted samsung 850 evo. It was meant to be installed on the samsung 960 m.2 thats on the motherboard. But it doesnt show up mounted in the finders window under devices. And its not showing up in disk utility either.The only time it did show up was when i tried to do the install when it was booted up under safe mode.

• Unless you clearly post information only you have about your Computer, readers cannot answer your questions to help you.
What can i upload to help show more info on my computer?
"Recovery Disk" is in fact part of the same disk where you have the System files EXCEPT it is usually the last Partition and termed Recovery HD.
If you use a 1TB disk 0 to install your Sierra , the disk may b e automatically partitioned into:
  • disk0s1=EFI-EFI =~210MB
  • disk0s2=Apple HFS System Disk =~999
  • disk0s3=Apple _Boot Recovery HD=~650MB
You can see this clearly in "diskutil list command output. [See image A.]

• when you click in CC-V on "Mount EFI" menu option, it will show on CC-V window as something like " EFI-EFI-"Label of the disk you have given " [See Image 1 in my triple boot Systems]
  • Even though Recovery is appended to that name, what you get is your selected disk's EFI Partition Mounted on the desktop [See Image 2 for EFI of System Disk on the desktop next to the System disk icon]
  • EFI Partition has the EFI folder which contains CLOVER folder and Sub-folders and contents. [See image 3 to show CLOVER-EFI File Structure]

That is Strange! Please capture an image of that error window and upload that to the Forum.

Normally if you navigate clicking the EFI icon on the desktop and then to EFI folder and open "CLOVER" and RIGHT-click "config.plist", you should get "open with" dialog box and ability to choose CC-V as the application to open and edit Config.plist.
When you mount EFI you have already been given Admin Privileges to edit EFI contents.
You should be able to do proper visual editing with Check boxes[√] or selection drop-down menu with clicks or minimal typing of entries.

Attachments

• 1.CC-V>Mount EFI.png
    1.CC-V>Mount EFI.png
    331.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.CC-V-Mount EFI_SierraSeagateDisk>Mount Partition.png
    2.CC-V-Mount EFI_SierraSeagateDisk>Mount Partition.png
    481.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 3.EFi_EFI_CLOVER-+.png
    3.EFi_EFI_CLOVER-+.png
    565.3 KB · Views: 82
  • A.diskutil list output.png
    A.diskutil list output.png