Contribute
Register

Sierra on Zotac Magnus en1060

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Chipset Intel 100 Series, NVIDIA
CPU
Processor Intel Core i5-6400T (quad-core, 2.2 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz)
Graphics
Graphics Engine GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 192-bit
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I bought a Zotac Magnus EN1060 and tried to make this a Hackintosh.

I have been on Mac for quite some time, had the knowledge to fix things on a Mac, but it's the first time i have to get into the knowledge of EFI/DSDTs/Drivers etc... It's kind of a totally wider world, so first excuse me if i lack some knowledge.

Because NUC format, I had to dig in both desktop and laptop for answer as NUC designs are quite closer to laptop than desktop.

I tried mostly by myself to make the basic part of install, but i became stucked on a few things: BT/USB (M.2 NGFF card dell DW1560) HDMI and jack audio, and facetime crashing unexpectidly everytime i receive or make a call (plus i'd love to be able to use handoff)

for now what is working:

Clover cleaned up to only show windows boot, mac boot and recovery
Sierra boot
Full Nvidia support through the web drivers (4K HiDPI supported)
System boot well
2 gigabit network cards recognized
Wifi works (DW1560 card)
Audio over bluetooth or USB

What doesn't work:

Jack or HDMI audio (tried already a few things seen in different post without any success)
BT on DW1560 card. (seen in USB part of system profile but not in bluetooth) (tried already a few things seen in different post without any success)
Front USB 3.1 port (i tried to use USB guide to discover it but this port doesn't how up in HSXX SSXX ports :( (but a USB disk shows up in OSX)

System things:

Facetime crashed unexpectedly when receiving or placing a call
Handoff (when BT issue resolved)

Up to know i made some mistakes and may have not posted things accordingly of the good place. Thanks to @RehabMan for telling me.

Thanks also to @RehabMan and @joevt who guided me on interesting threa, and all the others who helped me until now!

Here are the files i can share. if you need more to help me, tell me :)

the clover config
the ioreg (actual as i have got no improvment)
the information on the front usb not recognized in HSXX/SSXX ports
the custom SSDT for usb

Once again, thanks if you can help me.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 220
  • HackThaloioreg.ioreg
    11.5 MB · Views: 197
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl
    2.4 KB · Views: 239
  • USBKEY FRONT unlisted USB3.1 port.png
    USBKEY FRONT unlisted USB3.1 port.png
    288.8 KB · Views: 483
Hi,

I bought a Zotac Magnus EN1060 and tried to make this a Hackintosh.

I have a Zotac EN1070K working perfectly, everything except for the Intel Wifi card. The 1070K should work the same as a EN1060 or EN1070, just without the spoof needed for the Kaby Lake processor.

Let me know if you want me to post my configuration. I was thinking of putting together a guide, but I'm not sure how many people are looking at EN 1060/1070 or 1060K/1070K systems.

I'm currently installing Sierra to my Zotac EN1060 as well :) Guide would be cool, but what are mandatory kexts to make it work btw?

I'm currently stuck getting into the installer.. using FakeSMC, NullCPUPM, USBInjectAll kexts

HID: Legacy shim 2
Still waiting for rood device
And then big stop sign in the middle of a screen with broken text under it.

How did you manage to get into the installation?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm currently stuck getting into the installer.. using FakeSMC, NullCPUPM, USBInjectAll kexts
Remove NullCPUPM, you don't need it
Still waiting for rood device
And then big stop sign in the middle of a screen with broken text under it.
"Still waiting for root device".
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.

How did you manage to get into the installation?

Thanks!

@BreBo gave you good advice. for booting first time i had a minimal setup

if you want i can share you my complete clover folder

if you want i can share you my complete clover folder

Hey, that would be cool.. I got my system working.. except audio and wifi (what I'm not using, as I'm behind a cable) if you could share your clover latest config and kexts would be nice ;)

Audio via dispayport would be good as well.

I got my EN1060 running, but only front USB is working and no networking yet. It would be super helpful if anyone could share configuration files :)

@keypresser, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@BreBo I hope they look ok now. Since this thread is about the EN1060 I assumed the specs are known.

Last edited:
Let me know if you want me to post my configuration. I was thinking of putting together a guide, but I'm not sure how many people are looking at EN 1060/1070 or 1060K/1070K systems.
Did you ever post your configuration? I am thinking of doing this but have minimal experience and having a guide to follow would be a huge help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back