Contribute
Register

Sierra on Thinkpad P50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I found the install to be fairly easy considering the HW (Xeon,nvme etc). The thing that was the biggest challenge was dealing with the 4k screen and issues with startup once the video drivers were loading properly.

I have a pretty stable system running on 10.12.2
Mostly everything is working very well.
Not Working:
- Nvidia M2000M + HDMI (I'm assuming Nvidia also handles video output through mDP & Thunderbolt)
- WiFi (Using usb wifi for now)
- SD Card Reader (obviously)

@11orourkec - Have you managed to get the Nvidia working on this machine?

Not Working:
- Nvidia M2000M + HDMI (I'm assuming Nvidia also handles video output through mDP & Thunderbolt)

I wasn't able to get it working in the past but I'm sure you've seen on the other thread that at least one person claims they have. I haven't tried in sierra with newer wed drivers. Last I tried was nearly a year ago on El Capitan. I'd rather be using the nvidia (we paid for it) thought I'm sure it will kill the battery a bit more.

Not Working:

Can you upload your config.plist? I followed the guide and got an installer USB to boot and go through the USB install process, but when it comes time to boot from the HDD, the same config.plist + USB stick doesn't work. I've gone through quite a few things, and I'm sort of at a dead end. Hope your config can help.

Rehabman, I updated my profile to include the information for my machine. I will upload my CLOVER EFI directory minus themes and Screenshots of the boot later tonight. I will also post my BIOS config, etc. and update this post with the info. Thank you for your help. I've been following your guides and work since 2012/2013 with my old Alienware, then my Lenovo Y510p.

IMG_20170801_210357.jpg
IMG_20170801_210401.jpg
IMG_20170801_210431.jpg
IMG_20170801_210433.jpg
IMG_20170801_210534.jpg
IMG_20170801_210133.jpg
IMG_20170801_210219.jpg
IMG_20170801_210133.jpg
IMG_20170801_210219.jpg
Rehabman,

I attached my EFI CLOVER folder backup here. config.plist is the one I came up with and edited based on the guide. "config try 2.plist" is one I made with some guesses based on forum info and some other stuff I tried to see if I can get it working. "config try 3.plist" is one I downloaded from another forum post from someone also trying to do a Lenovo P50 install.

My main config was the "config.plist" which I used to do the install. It boots the OSX installer just fine, but will not boot the installed partition on disk even with a bunch of different flags I tried (-x, -v. -s, GraphicsEnabled=No, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, and a bunch of other stuff I saw and tired).

I am going to go take pictures of a boot and BIOS settings next. I also kept some info on how I followed the steps in the Laptop guide thread, so, I'll add those.

Edit: Added BIOS settings.

Edit 2: Added boot log. The boot is using the CLOVER EFI.zip config.plist file. If you want me to, I can upload screen shots booting the other configs as well.

Edit 3: Here is the info on my machine, copied from my profile, hopefully will make things easier:

Mobo:
Lenovo ThinkPad P50 (Clover)

CPU:
Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5 (processor) - Intel CM236 (chipset)

Graphics:
Intel® HD Graphics P530 + NVIDIA Quadro M2000M (4GB memory)

Attachments

• EFI CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
View attachment 270084 View attachment 270085 View attachment 270086 View attachment 270087 View attachment 270088 View attachment 270082 View attachment 270083 View attachment 270082 View attachment 270083
Rehabman,

I attached my EFI CLOVER folder backup here. config.plist is the one I came up with and edited based on the guide. "config try 2.plist" is one I made with some guesses based on forum info and some other stuff I tried to see if I can get it working. "config try 3.plist" is one I downloaded from another forum post from someone also trying to do a Lenovo P50 install.

My main config was the "config.plist" which I used to do the install. It boots the OSX installer just fine, but will not boot the installed partition on disk even with a bunch of different flags I tried (-x, -v. -s, GraphicsEnabled=No, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, and a bunch of other stuff I saw and tired).

I am going to go take pictures of a boot and BIOS settings next. I also kept some info on how I followed the steps in the Laptop guide thread, so, I'll add those.

Edit: Added BIOS settings.

Edit 2: Added boot log. The boot is using the CLOVER EFI.zip config.plist file. If you want me to, I can upload screen shots booting the other configs as well.

Edit 3: Here is the info on my machine, copied from my profile, hopefully will make things easier:

Mobo:
Lenovo ThinkPad P50 (Clover)

CPU:
Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5 (processor) - Intel CM236 (chipset)

Graphics:
Intel® HD Graphics P530 + NVIDIA Quadro M2000M (4GB memory)

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

Screenshot 2/7 shows that it is loading though. Also, with one of the other config.plists I think it says "DSMOS has arrived" also. I will try to capture that boot as well. The part that's strange is that it boots the USB installer fine.

Edit: I tired the other config.plists and all stop on the DSMOS message. I searched around, but couldn't find info on how to fix this. My EFI keys folder contains the Other directory with the FakeSMC kext linked to in your Laptop guide post. What else can I check or do to fix this? My EFI zip is attached above.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2/7 shows that it is loading though. Also, with one of the other config.plists I think it says "DSMOS has arrived" also. I will try to capture that boot as well. The part that's strange is that it boots the USB installer fine.

Edit: I tired the other config.plists and all stop on the DSMOS message. I searched around, but couldn't find info on how to fix this. My EFI keys folder contains the Other directory with the FakeSMC kext linked to in your Laptop guide post. What else can I check or do to fix this? My EFI zip is attached above.

See guide for correct EFI/Clover setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note: VoodooPS2Daemon is not a kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back