GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I've recently upgraded to Sierra directly, and besides having to manually check off 'without caches' and 'inject kexts' in the boot window, I can't get in. Also, after the update, I now see a bunch of UEFI drives in my boot options (I dual boot with Windows 10 as well).

Would appreciate it if someone could put me in the right direction.
Thanks again for your help
Sep

Hi guys,

I've recently upgraded to Sierra directly, and besides having to manually check off 'without caches' and 'inject kexts' in the boot window, I can't get in. Also, after the update, I now see a bunch of UEFI drives in my boot options (I dual boot with Windows 10 as well).

Would appreciate it if someone could put me in the right direction.
Thanks again for your help
Sep
this worked for me for the extra drive options:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-further-problems.175274/page-13#post-1307900

Would really appreciate it if anyone had any ideas about the booting issue
Thanks

I've recently upgraded to Sierra directly, and besides having to manually check off 'without caches' and 'inject kexts' in the boot window, I can't get in.

Did you download the latest version of Clover from sourceforge and update your existing Clover install prior to the upgrade to Sierra?

Did you download the latest version of Clover from sourceforge and update your existing Clover install prior to the upgrade to Sierra?

Hi
Sorry for the late message. Yes I did. Not sure where I could have gone wrong there

Hi
Sorry for the late message. Yes I did. Not sure where I could have gone wrong there

Install FakeSMC, appropriate Ethernet kext to L/E it will fix the problem.

Install FakeSMC, appropriate Ethernet kext to L/E it will fix the problem.
Thank you so much for your help. I just updated Clover and now I don't have the option of selecting 'Without Cache' anymore. The only way I could get in is by selecting 'Boot with injected kexts' or something like that
As for FakeSMC, can you tell me where I do this? I never quite understood that part.

I really really appreciate this

Thank you so much for your help. I just updated Clover and now I don't have the option of selecting 'Without Cache' anymore. The only way I could get in is by selecting 'Boot with injected kexts' or something like that
As for FakeSMC, can you tell me where I do this? I never quite understood that part.

I really really appreciate this

Boot with injected kexts once at the Desktop install FakeSMC and appropriate Ethernet kext to L/E reboot you should be able to boot without inject kexts. You can either use Terminal or Kextbeast or Multibeast. Don't forget to rebuild cache.

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Boot with injected kexts once at the Desktop install FakeSMC and appropriate Ethernet kext to L/E reboot you should be able to boot without inject kexts. You can either use Terminal or Kextbeast or Multibeast. Don't forget to rebuild cache.

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
So I opened the Clover Configurator, opened my EFI folder, went into the Clover folder and added the FakeSMC file in the Other folder. Is that what you mean by installing FakeSMC?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back