Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all—

I just went from El Cap to Sierra. Here's my basic info:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
System Def iMac 14,2
3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7 processor (forgot exact model)
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 x2

Everything runs stable as far as startup, audio, graphics, etc. etc. However, I can't sleep (have tried with and without darkwake=0) or shutdown. Whenever I try, or even if I leave the computer unattended for 15 minutes or so, my monitors go to sleep and I can't get the computer to respond anymore (but it's not asleep). I have been force shutting down every time I get off.

Maybe it's a side-effect of the fact that I can't do a proper shutdown, but it won't save my dock preferences either. Every time I reboot, the dock has moved back to the default spot on the bottom and has only default applications in it.

From my research so far, this may be a problem with my system definition? What do you guys suggest trying?

Last edited:
Hey all—

I just went from El Cap to Sierra. Here's my basic info:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
System Def iMac 14,2
3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7 processor (forgot exact model)
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 x2

Everything runs stable as far as startup, audio, graphics, etc. etc. However, I can't sleep (have tried with and without darkwake=0) or shutdown. Whenever I try, or even if I leave the computer unattended for 15 minutes or so, my monitors go to sleep and I can't get the computer to respond anymore (but it's not asleep). I have been force shutting down every time I get off.

Maybe it's a side-effect of the fact that I can't do a proper shutdown, but it won't save my dock preferences either. Every time I reboot, the dock has moved back to the default spot on the bottom and has only default applications in it.

From my research so far, this may be a problem with my system definition? What do you guys suggest trying?

Use iMac 13,2. iMac 14,2 is incorrect. Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Hello--

I went ahead and moved to an iMac 13,2 definition. According to my brother this is a perfect match for my processor (Intel i7 3770 3.4 GHz quad core).

Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem. Exact same behavior upon attempted sleep and shutdown, although it is running stable when booted.

I'm thinking this may actually be a BIOS problem. Does anyone have recommended BIOS settings for Sierra for my mobo?

Also how mandatory is an SSDT? I currently am not using one, but suspect maybe I need one to get proper sleep/shutdown behavior with Sierra.

It only takes me 15 or so minutes to change system definition and re-register with a working serial, so I may as well try 13,1. Are you running Sierra stable with sleep/shutdown working correctly on your setup?

Yeah I'm taking a hard look at going back to my perfectly stable El Cap installation. I don't need Siri on my desktop enough to deal with this... haha.

Brother here! Had this system stable on El Captian, don't know why we're having such issues with Sierra. Previous sysdef was Mac Pro 3,1, but that's not valid for 10.12; hence iMac 13,2 - the specs line up quite nicely with the hardware listed on everymac, so I really feel it should work. What general tests in there for sleep? Thanks everybody!

Here's an IOReg file attached with my current system definition. I don't think 13,1 is going to improve on this; 13,2 matches my processor exactly and 13,1 iMacs used an i5 IIRC.

If anyone can suggest what might be causing my sleep/shutdown not to behave correctly, that would be great.

Attachments

• iMac 13,2 IOReg.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 118
Here's an IOReg file attached with my current system definition. I don't think 13,1 is going to improve on this; 13,2 matches my processor exactly and 13,1 iMacs used an i5 IIRC.

If anyone can suggest what might be causing my sleep/shutdown not to behave correctly, that would be great.

Are you using a DSDT? Attach Clover folder from EFI removing Themes ZIP attach.

For clarification, Snipeye is my brother who always solves the Hackint0sh problems I give up on... haha.

I have attached my zipped Clover folder from EFI partition (sans Themes folder). Let me know if you have suggestions on how best to get this working properly. Thanks for all your help!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back