Motherboard
Asus Z170 Deluxe
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Good day everyone and thank you in advance for your help.

I have the following build:
  • I7 6700K
  • GIGABYTE Z170X GAMING 7
  • NVIDIA GTX 1080 - EVGA FE
  • 2x8 GB DDR4 TRIDENT Z (3000MHZ CL14)
  • 2 x SAMSUNG NVME SM961 (Windows + Mac OS)
I have successfully installed the system through the following steps:
  • set the BIOS as suggested in the Unibeast Guide thread;
  • created a Unibeast bootable USB;
  • Added some KextAndPatches in the Unibeast USB in order to recognise the NVMe drivers;
  • Installed Sierra OSX 10.12.5 - Clover UEFI
  • Installed Clover through Multibeast (and later updated it to the latest version) in UEFI mode.
  • Followed Rehabman guide to fix permanently the NVMe drivers (patched aml, Patch inside the config.plist file to rename _DSM, spoof HackNVMe kext in /L/E)
  • Installed the Nvidia Web Drivers and updated them
  • Installed the following kexts/patches through Multibeast:
    • Atheros E2200;
    • 3rd Party USB;
    • Increase Limit for 100 series;
    • 17,1 system definition (used AGDPfix for compatibility with the graphic card);
    • NVIDIA web driver boot flag.
  • Added the ssdt.aml generated by ssdtPRGen.sh to fix power states (and yes, they go from 0.8 GHz to 4.2 GHz as expected for my CPU).
Everything seems in order, I'm able to boot in reasonable times and use the build. The slight problem is that the system is affected by an awful micro-lag/stutter that makes it almost impossible to use it properly (I've tried different input/keyboards).

I have no idea how to solve this. Benchmarks seem fine (below you can see the benchmarks for the disk, GPU and CPU) but even if I open a simple terminal and start typing inside it the input stops for half a second and then starts again. Everything is "slowed down" a bit.

I've attached my CLOVER folder (deprived of the themes folder).
Thank you very much to anyone that might look into this.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 12.33.42.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 12.34.00.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 12.49.37.png

Edit:

Here you can find a video. In the video I try to empty the Recycle Bin and type something inside a terminal. As you can see the pop-up "Empty Bin" takes a while to show and even though I was pressing down all the keys continuously in the terminal, they don't come up as smoothly as they were typed in.

https://streamable.com/nu2fp

Attachments

• clover.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Uhm, if I play a video with VLC it goes smoothly. If I try with YouTube it stutters continuously...

Would installing El Capitan solve the problem?

I ran a Unreal Heaven benchmark and the results are pretty standard. I'm really baffled.

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 15.26.44.png

I even tried to delete Rehabman's modifications (patched ssdt, spoofed kext and config.plist modifications) and use PikeR patches. The sytstem boots correctly as usual but the microlag is still here...

Last edited:
@pierix83, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back