CPU
I7 6700k
Graphics
HD 530 IGFX; GIGABYTE RX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, some of you will have to forgive me as I spend a week or two trying to get my Hack working, then a month where I just haven't got time, so I have probably forgotten a thing or two!

I have had an i7 6700K, Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5, AMD RX 460 4gb setup for a while now: I had a Samsung 950 M.2 for MacOS and an 850 Pro SSD for Windows 10.

Of course when I update MacOS I lose my NVME M.2 every time - and its annoying (and this time I lost graphics accelerator too!) - so it occurred to me to swap MacOS to the standard SSD, so I now have Windows 10 up and working on my M.2 drive.

So now I thought lets get Sierra loaded to my standard SSD it will be a breeze - BIOS all set up to recommended settings etc.

Booted from Unibeast Sierra USB, Set language, formatted SSD to MacOS Journaled etc, after 13 minutes reboots, select HFS in Clover, then after 10 mins or so I got white Apple logo and status bar near the end but not quite, just hangs there forever!

What the hell is going wrong here as I've done this before? And do I go into Verbose mode and screenshot the findings? Thanks in advance everyone.

Thanks RehabMan - but sussed the above as I was to far in to go back! Previous install had changed bios to PCI Slot 1 as first graphics device; Sierra with my setup did not like, had to connect monitor to HD 530 to setup,

AMD 460 after install works with no mods??

! problem left, I need audio through DP but will post on different thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back