Contribute
Register

Sierra for HP 6200 Pro i5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other note, you will need to also make a new Sierra UEFI Unibeast installer for your I7 system make sure that you do that when your KabyLake build is completed. You've learned a lot of important things so far, well on your way to a more powerful I7 system. Nice work !

Ah, found it. Wont let me download until 10.12 updated, lol. So i have just 'installed' 10.12 from the app store but when it restarted the machine it was running 10.11.6. Have i missed something?

Also, it didn't auto boot, it went to this clover boot screen and stopped with two options to boot from EFI and on to boot from usb, one to boot El CPT and recovery.

Attachments

• IMG_20171024_153055.jpg
    IMG_20171024_153055.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
ok cool, will try it now.

Will I need to change the bios setting again or just leave them alone? We updated them on the first SL install.

Will I need to change the bios setting again or just leave them alone? We updated them on the first SL install.
BIOS should be fine. Leave as is.

One other note, you will need to also make a new Sierra UEFI Unibeast installer for your I7 system make sure that you do that when your KabyLake build is completed. You've learned a lot of important things so far, well on your way to a more powerful I7 system. Nice work !

Hi T, I sure have. Left the HP installing overnight and when i got into work this morning all was working with sound and usb's. Very happy. Your right, i think i have come on some way and thats all thanks to you pal, Cheers! Now to go do my research on the i7 build.

On a side now, ive ben given a 120SSD, can i simply copy\transfer my data over for the HP to run the 120SSD? (i hope this makes sense)

On a side now, ive ben given a 120SSD, can i simply copy\transfer my data over for the HP to run the 120SSD? (i hope this makes sense)

It's probably faster to install from the Unibeast USB than to clone the whole drive to SSD. If you did clone the HDD you'd still have to manually install Clover Bootloader.

Why not just use the SSD in the newer I7 Z270 build ?

Ah ok. So the 500SSD is in the hp now running OSX as we speak, lol. I had this crazy notion i could just copy everything over, well, that was before i know what i know now, lol. Like you say, best off doing a fresh install as its not taken long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back