Contribute
Register

Sierra FakeSMC Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

How are you going?

I've been trying to get my CPU Sensor Temperatures reading in macOS but haven't had much success. I understand that FakeSMC is installed as default with MultiBeast, I installed as per the latest version of MultiBeast and everything is working a-okay. In an attempt to get my temps showing I installed Rehab Man's FakeSMC Package (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads), I used KextBeast to install the Kexts to L/E. Upon rebooting my system would brick, it wouldn't get past 3/4 of the Apple Logo Loading Bar. I booted to Windows, deleted the Kexts and tried to boot back up, no dice, I ended up having to boot with NVidia Graphics Disabled as per my Recovery USB and I made sure the Kexts were gone and rebuilt the cache using Kext Utility. Rebooted once more and it still wouldn't boot. Verbose Mode didn't shed too much light on the situation, I've read from a few other sources that there is a problem with Sierra, 100 Series Mobos, Kaby Lake and the SMC Extension Patches, is that correct? Has anyone else had these issues? Or know of a solution that I could use to get some CPU Sensor Temps in OSX?

Any help that is on offer would be kindly appreciated!

Kind Regards
Brad

Had same issue with this kexts. Finally ended with Sierra reinstall. Best solution and less time consuming.
Actually HW monitor can spot only SSD temp. Waiting for some new CPU sensors.

Hello,

How are you going?

I've been trying to get my CPU Sensor Temperatures reading in macOS but haven't had much success. I understand that FakeSMC is installed as default with MultiBeast, I installed as per the latest version of MultiBeast and everything is working a-okay. In an attempt to get my temps showing I installed Rehab Man's FakeSMC Package (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads), I used KextBeast to install the Kexts to L/E. Upon rebooting my system would brick, it wouldn't get past 3/4 of the Apple Logo Loading Bar. I booted to Windows, deleted the Kexts and tried to boot back up, no dice, I ended up having to boot with NVidia Graphics Disabled as per my Recovery USB and I made sure the Kexts were gone and rebuilt the cache using Kext Utility. Rebooted once more and it still wouldn't boot. Verbose Mode didn't shed too much light on the situation, I've read from a few other sources that there is a problem with Sierra, 100 Series Mobos, Kaby Lake and the SMC Extension Patches, is that correct? Has anyone else had these issues? Or know of a solution that I could use to get some CPU Sensor Temps in OSX?

Any help that is on offer would be kindly appreciated!

Kind Regards
Brad

Well bradleyandrew I feel your pain. For Kaby Lake temps I am running "Intel Power Gadget", version 3.0.3. I have searched the Web for newer HW Sensors (Kaby Lake specific) and it appears that they do not exist at this time.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back