Contribute
Register

Sierra boots 80 percent of time? zero with slash other times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-270M
CPU
i77600k
Graphics
Radeon 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Something weird with my MacoS Sierra install and clover/ EFI ...

80 percent of the time , at startup the clover boot loader will show the apple logo and boot fine. the other 20 percent of the time I immediately get the zero with the slash through it (Prohibit sign) and if fails to load.

I am using Multi-beast and Uni-beast with a fresh install of Sierra and using the Clover version 3766 included by tony Mac... Motherboard is the popular Gigabyte Z97M-D3H, with 14,2 system profile default

Any thoughts why my boots are not consistently working? It seems to fail to boot properly more often when the computer is off overnight on a cold boot....

Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Done... can i still ask this question without a repost????
Thanks - Your question remains in Post #1, no need to repost it.

Boot with -v attach screenshot on where it stops.

Screenshot attached.

Error as follows... any feedback greatly appreciated! - (boots Sierra 80 percent of time, fails with error below about 20percent of the time with prohibit sign)

Osxaptiofix2Drv: starting overrides for system\Library\coreservices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
Read error 0x7
Error Loading Kernel Cache (0x7)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

Thank you in advance!! appreciate any feedback possible. Not sure how to correct this. (refer to top post for full details)

Attachments

• IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 113
Screenshot attached.

Error as follows... any feedback greatly appreciated! - (boots Sierra 80 percent of time, fails with error below about 20percent of the time with prohibit sign)

Osxaptiofix2Drv: starting overrides for system\Library\coreservices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
Read error 0x7
Error Loading Kernel Cache (0x7)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

Thank you in advance!! appreciate any feedback possible. Not sure how to correct this. (refer to top post for full details)

Use OsxAptioFixDrv instead of OsxAptioFixDrv2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back