Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z390-Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
Envy 15t-k000, i7-47 HD4600, 12gb

this problem has occurred, infrequently, since i upgraded to Sierra (10.12.1) several months ago. since updating to 10.12.3 a few weeks ago, it has been occurring much more frequently.

the symptom is that at a random time after a cold start, reboot, or wake from sleep, the left sidebar in messages, apple mail, and the finder window turn gray. the message pane, or mail pane, is unaffected. sometimes the gray shade is darker than other times.

since 10.12.3, the problem of sierra locking up has become intolerable, so i switched to chrome. i discovered today that chrome also has the graying-out issue on my machine. the top 1/2 inch of the screen grays out.

if i sleep the computer, the graying is gone on wake, but then reoccurs a few hours later.

i took screen shots to demonstrate the problem, but the resulting picture doesn't show the gray-out. (strange??) .
attached is a photo of the screen. notice the gray bar on chrome at the top of the screen, just below the menu bar.

when i used Image Capture to import the photo, i noticed that the left sidebar in that window was gray as well.

(also--why is the imported picture inverted???)

thanks

IMG_2037.JPG

thanks

Envy 15t-k000, i7-47 HD4600, 12gb

this problem has occurred, infrequently, since i upgraded to Sierra (10.12.1) several months ago. since updating to 10.12.3 a few weeks ago, it has been occurring much more frequently.

the symptom is that at a random time after a cold start, reboot, or wake from sleep, the left sidebar in messages, apple mail, and the finder window turn gray. the message pane, or mail pane, is unaffected. sometimes the gray shade is darker than other times.

since 10.12.3, the problem of sierra locking up has become intolerable, so i switched to chrome. i discovered today that chrome also has the graying-out issue on my machine. the top 1/2 inch of the screen grays out.

if i sleep the computer, the graying is gone on wake, but then reoccurs a few hours later.

i took screen shots to demonstrate the problem, but the resulting picture doesn't show the gray-out. (strange??) .
attached is a photo of the screen. notice the gray bar on chrome at the top of the screen, just below the menu bar.

when i used Image Capture to import the photo, i noticed that the left sidebar in that window was gray as well.

(also--why is the imported picture inverted???)

thanks

View attachment 236299 .

thanks

Did you follow the guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...eries-j-k-q-n-using-clover-uefi-10-11.168613/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back