Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello I have a Shuttle SH67H3 that I am trying to Hackintosh. I can get it to load and install with iBoot fine. I run into problems with Multibeast though. I'm not sure which kext files I should load. Right now I only chose both bootloader options in Multibeast, along with installing Chimera and Bridgehelper.

I've tried getting it to work multiple times with different kext files to get it to boot from the hardrive. The closest I got, it would load into OSX but wouldn't recognize any of my USB devices (such as mouse, keyboard, flash drive, ect.) I noticed the time change and loaded a disc in that showed up so it didn't freeze.

So my question is how can I get this thing to correctly boot from the hardrive and what are the right kext files I should download? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My specs:

Shuttle SH67H3
Snow Leopard 10.6.7
Intel i7-Sandy Bridge 3.4 Ghz
2TB HD (OSX is installed on a 500GB partition, the rest is for storage)
4GB DDR3 RAM

It would help if you can list what is working and what is NOT. I myself had thought about the shuttle socket 1155 Sandy Bridge for a while too. Given that you are the first few, it would be helpful to the community if you have this baby up and running and perhaps put together a INSTALL GUIDE to benefit us all..

BTW, onboard video card might be a problem. Do you have a compatible dedicated video card?

This is the SH67H3 specification:

AUDIO Realtek ALC888 7.1 channel High Definition Audio
ETHERNET Realtek RTL 8111E

-------------------------------------

In Multibeast I suggest:
-You should try select EASYBEAST unless you have got the specific DSDT.
-Make sure to select BRIDGE Helper
-Select Linux2Mac Ethernet package.
-Select the HDA8xx audio with No DSDT option.

System Utilities
Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > ALC8xxHDA
Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > AppleHDA Rollback
Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Non-DSDT HDAEnabler > ALC8XX

Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Network > Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet
Drivers & Bootloaders > Bootladers > Chimera v1.3.0 r760

Ok so I did all the options you said and it works now. It boots from the hardrive fine and everything. I'm having a problem with the audio though. I installed all the audio files you told me to, except for the "Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Non-DSDT HDAEnabler > ALC8XX" one. When I went to the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler sub-menu I only saw the following options:

• ALC888
• ALC887/888b
• ALC889
• ALC885/889a
• ALC892

I wasn't sure which one of these to select for the ALC8XX, so I didn't choose any of them. I wanted to make sure nothing would get screwed up after I selected one. So which one of these should I choose to install?

Also the USB 3.0 ports aren't working on it. Any ideas on why?

Other than the audio and USB 3.0, everything seems to be fine. It's recognizing my processor, RAM, card reader and everything else. I don't have a dedicated graphics card at the moment, but I will eventually get one in the next month or so.

Thanks for the help! I am very grateful for it! I will be sure to put up a guide on this model once I have it up and running!

glad you've got most of the stuff sorted out. BTW, since you are using on-board graphic, is your only has 1 resolution? any QE/CI by adding widget with ripple effects and running Front Row successfully?

AUDIO:
I'll try ALC888 first if I were you,
the audio KEXT will be installed in Extra/Extensions as "ALC8xxHDA.kext"

As for USB3.0, It depends on the USB controller and you might not have the right KEXT for it. check system profile under USB and see what the system identify as.

According to the specification and driver information from Shuttle, this is the USB 3 driver: USB3_Asmedia_ASM1042,
http://www.asmedia.com.tw/eng/e_show_pr ... p?item=100
You can try select this kext in MULTIBEAST
Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Miscellaneous > USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas

I do only have one resolution right now. What would you suggest for a good graphics card?

I tried the ALC888 audio kext and still have no sound though.

I haven't had a chance to try the USB 3.0 kext yet, but I will give it a try tonight.

Any other suggestions on the audio problem?

Thanks!

robbiecs4 said:
I do only have one resolution right now. What would you suggest for a good graphics card?

I tried the ALC888 audio kext and still have no sound though.

I haven't had a chance to try the USB 3.0 kext yet, but I will give it a try tonight.

Any other suggestions on the audio problem?

Thanks!

Have you had any luck getting things up and working with your shuttle yet?

I managed to install SL 10.6.7 with the Vanilla Kernel and Sandy Bridge support on my SH67H7 (same as SH67H3) using the following method:

-iBoot Universal 3.0.4 (with boot arguments: -v platform=ACPI PCIRootUID=1)
-Bridgehelper.pkg (to install Sandy Bridge optimized kernel)
-Multibeast.pkg
-MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.7.dmg
-SL 10.6.3 Retail DVD

DO NOT USE iBoot legacy 2.7.2: it will cause kext problems especially with the USB later on. Most people will get a kernel panic using the iBoot Universal boot CD and try to use the legacy version, which will work almost instantly, but this version will cause conflicts later on with Sandy Bridge systems. If you boot with the iBoot Universal 3.0.4 systems and you experience sudden kernel panics, then type in the following boot arguments:

-v platform=ACPI PCIRootUID=1

This will counter the KP's and you will go straight to the SL installation screen.

After installation start again using the iBoot CD (same boot arguments) and install:

-MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.7.dmg (do not restart !)
-Bridgehelper.pkg (do not restart !)
-Multibeast.pkg with the following settings:

-EasyBeast Install (checked)
-System Utilities (checked)
-Drivers & Bootloaders => Kexts & Enablers =>Miscellaneous => USB 3.0 -NEC/Renesas (checked)
-Drivers & Bootloaders => Kexts & Enablers => Network => Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx Ethernet (checked)
-OSx86 Software (checked)

restart and halt the system with any key to type in the following boot arguments the first time to fix any errors:

-f -v

After installing, download the lizard utility and change the standard setting "arch=i386" in the Kernel flags setting into "arch=x86_64" and you might change the time out from 2 to 5 seconds, giving you more time in an eventual KP to start the system in safe mod. This step will force the system to load in native 64 bit mode (kernel and extensions as well).

The only problem is still the sound. VoodooHDA 2.7.2 seems to be best, but there is a annoying background sizzling sound.

Everything is working well with this system: accelerated graphics with QE/Open CL, USB etc. The only problem is still a good kext for the internal sound chip.

So the Realtek ALC888 code on the shuttle does not work with using HDA8XX driver in multibeast? It seems that even the previous H55 chipset, audio on shuttle can only work using voodooHDA kext. Well at least sound is there...

Sorry its taken so long for a reply.

The Voodoo kext worked and fixed my audio problem. I'm still having an issue with the USB 3.0 working though. Any thoughts on why? I installed the USB 3.0 NEC/Renesas kext you suggested but it seems to be a no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back