Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey folks,

Somehow I am able to shut down my PC through OS X but when I choose reboot it does not do it, the monitor goes to sleep sort of thing but never wakes up.

Any ideas?

MrShoot said:
Hey folks,

Somehow I am able to shut down my PC through OS X but when I choose reboot it does not do it, the monitor goes to sleep sort of thing but never wakes up.

Any ideas?

Are you using a DSDT or EasyBeast install methods?

notshy said:
MrShoot said:
Hey folks,

Any ideas?

A DSDT

I didn't use MB because I have chamaleon on a separate partition, not sure if indicating the instal dir through MB to point to this partition will mess up my boot. It would be nice if I had access to MB kexts separately

MrShoot said:
notshy said:
MrShoot said:
Hey folks,

Any ideas?

A DSDT

I didn't use MB because I have chamaleon on a separate partition, not sure if indicating the instal dir through MB to point to this partition will mess up my boot. It would be nice if I had access to MB kexts separately

Can you please give me info on the structure of your HDs and Chameleon and what install method you did use because there's not a lot of info to go on at the moment to help troubleshoot.

You can use MB to install kexts etc without installing Chameleon.

notshy said:
Can you please give me info on the structure of your HDs and Chameleon and what install method you did use because there's not a lot of info to go on at the moment to help troubleshoot.

I know you can install kexts using MB but my kexts are loaded within the Chamaleon partition so I'm scared that installing the kexts into the partition using MB will mess up my directory structure.

The structure is as follows.

1GB Partition for Chamaleon (that's all that's sitting there, with boot.o file and Extras folder)
490GB Partition for OSX.

I obtain the kexts from different places to match my hardware and loaded them into my Extras folder in the Chamaleon partition.

MrShoot said:
notshy said:

I know you can install kexts using MB but my kexts are loaded within the Chamaleon partition so I'm scared that installing the kexts into the partition using MB will mess up my directory structure.

The structure is as follows.

1GB Partition for Chamaleon (that's all that's sitting there, with boot.o file and Extras folder)
490GB Partition for OSX.

I obtain the kexts from different places to match my hardware and loaded them into my Extras folder in the Chamaleon partition.

And kexts that need to be run in /S/L/E are in /S/L/E on your OSX partition ?

Where is your DSDT stored ? Your Chameleon partition? in /Extra? What version of Chameleon are you using? Have you tried EvoReboot.kext?

You can change the HD that MB installs to so you should be able to select your Chameleon parition if you did want to us MB?

I know I can select the partition, my concern was where MB was going to put those kexts. I didn't want MB to mess up the structure of the existing folders on the Chamaleon partition.

I will lookup EvoReboot see how that can help me. All my kexts (only those I want to load at boot anyway) are in the Extras folder yes

I'm running Cham rc5

MrShoot said:
I know I can select the partition, my concern was where MB was going to put those kexts. I didn't want MB to mess up the structure of the existing folders on the Chamaleon partition.

I will lookup EvoReboot see how that can help me. All my kexts (only those I want to load at boot anyway) are in the Extras folder yes

I'm running Cham rc5

If you read the description box in MB it explains where each kext will be installed on the target partition.

5870 so Kabyl's branch ?

Apple's latest ATI drivers do the trick for me. I never installed any support kexts for my graphic card. I had to however, for 10.6.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back