Dell XPS 9550
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have a Problem when my Laptop was in Sleep Mode and when I do an shutdown the Laptop does an Reboot instead of an Shutdown. In Clover I have set the Option Fix Shtudown and applied this Patch also in the DSDT. When I do an Shutdown without was in Sleep before then everything is fine and the Laptop stays off and doesn't reboot. I tried also Halt Enabler but without any success.

My second Problem is also when the Laptop was in Sleep and it wakes up then I get the message that my USB Sticks were not properly ejected and I have to replug them that they will get recognized again. The USB Sticks are connected via an USB Hub to my Laptop.

I use OS X Sierra 10.12.5 the problems were also in 10.12.4. I have also attached my Clover Folder with my patched and the original DSDT Files. In the patched DSDT and SSDT Files are comments with the Patches I have used in there.

Do you have any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 58
Hello,

I have a Problem when my Laptop was in Sleep Mode and when I do an shutdown the Laptop does an Reboot instead of an Shutdown. In Clover I have set the Option Fix Shtudown and applied this Patch also in the DSDT. When I do an Shutdown without was in Sleep before then everything is fine and the Laptop stays off and doesn't reboot. I tried also Halt Enabler but without any success.

My second Problem is also when the Laptop was in Sleep and it wakes up then I get the message that my USB Sticks were not properly ejected and I have to replug them that they will get recognized again. The USB Sticks are connected via an USB Hub to my Laptop.

I use OS X Sierra 10.12.5 the problems were also in 10.12.4. I have also attached my Clover Folder with my patched and the original DSDT Files. In the patched DSDT and SSDT Files are comments with the Patches I have used in there.

Do you have any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks.

ACPI is not patched correctly...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

In the future...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks for your reply Rehabman. Can you please tell me what I didn't have patch correctly in the ACPI? I have also attached the Files you have requested in the FAQ for Problem Reporting Files.

Output for the Kexstat Commands:
Code:
matthiass-Air:RehabMan matthias$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13    2 0xffffff7f8326d000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

No output by kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

matthiass-Air:RehabMan matthias$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc

108    0 0xffffff7f829d5000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) F51595F0-F9B1-3B85-A1C3-F984DAD4107E <97 12 5 4 3>

matthiass-Air:RehabMan matthias$ kextstat|grep -y applehda

112    1 0xffffff7f82f22000 0x1d000    0x1d000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (279.48) ED51F180-19C8-3DE1-AF81-0E389D98ADDE <111 110 102 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

131    0 0xffffff7f830a4000 0xb5000    0xb5000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (279.48) 806B8C17-50CA-3C6B-90B3-195F38D8FB89 <130 112 111 110 106 102 6 5 4 3 1>

Output sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Code:
matthiass-Air:RehabMan matthias$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext X86PlatformPlugin.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext

KernelCache ID: 0FB836F4B7FF29F0E64AFB313189716C

I have modified the two Kexts that is the reason why I get invalid signature on these.

Thanks.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    776.3 KB · Views: 47
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 51
  • RehabMan.zip
    62.1 KB · Views: 48
Thanks for your reply Rehabman. Can you please tell me what I didn't have patch correctly in the ACPI?

Wrong files in ACPI/patched.

Can you tell me which Files are not correct in there? Without this Files and I couldn't bot anymore correctly. The are the patches which I have used in the DSDT
Rename_DSM methods to XDSM, Rename GFX0 to IGPU, Brightness Fix, Fix_WAK Arg0 v2, Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel, HPET Fix, IRQ Fix, OS Check Fix (Windows 8), RTC Fix, Skylake LPC, SMBUS Fix, USB3_PWR 0x0D Skylake (instant wake), USB3_PWR 0x6D Skylake (instant wake), Disable nVidia GPU, Shutdown Fix v2

Can you tell me which Files are not correct in there?

Complete wrong set of files.
According to ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched (old way, DropOem=true, SortedOrder used to set SSDT load order):
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh) or SSDT-PluginType1.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-16.aml
SSDT-17.aml
SSDT-18.aml

New way (DropOem=false, no SortedOrder, all rename patches done with config.plist)
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh) or SSDT-PluginType1.aml

Last edited:
I have do the old way which you has described and set the Sorted Order and deleted all SSDT's which are not mentioned by your Post but then I am unable to boot. I used my SSDT and DSDT for this or should I use the Files which are extracted by patchmatic?

I have do the old way which you has described and set the Sorted Order and deleted all SSDT's which are not mentioned by your Post but then I am unable to boot. I used my SSDT and DSDT for this or should I use the Files which are extracted by patchmatic?

"Old way" is with SortedOrder and DropOem=true.
"New way" is without SortedOrder and DropOem=false (and renames done in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches).

If you need help determining your mistake...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I already did the Problem Reporting Part in Post 3. I switched now everything back to this state that I can boot sucessfully again.

Thanks.

I already did the Problem Reporting Part in Post 3. I switched now everything back to this state that I can boot sucessfully again.

Thanks.

Changes suggested in post #4.
If you have an issue booting, you must provide files that represent that state.
If you have made changes based on suggestions, you must provide updated files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back