Gigabyte GA-Z270N - WIFI
CPU
i3-7320
Graphics
Intel > Need version # > See Rules!
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi there,
I tried to update my sierra to the High Sierra update and my computer shut down and went back to clover with no hard drive boot option. I am now re-installing a new installation of High Sierra. I have created a bootable drive but when I go to install over top of the old Sierra installation on my computer, the installation begins and it gets to the very end of the Apple loading bar but right before the installation is complete the computer restarts and goes back to the clover screen and does not give me any other option to boot except my USB boot option. I don’t know what to do does anyone have any ideas? I have been reading through the forums to find ideas but nothing yet. I have attached some photos to help explain. The first photo shows where I get to after my bootable USB drive loads. I then click on install macOS and that’s when the restart of the computer happens. The second photo is if I click on disk utility from the Mack OS utilities seen in the other photo.

Attachments

• 9242A545-1775-4DF7-9C85-136E90743CC8.jpeg
    9242A545-1775-4DF7-9C85-136E90743CC8.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 209
  • 8799671E-F0FA-437E-96E9-5973AAB8B857.jpeg
    8799671E-F0FA-437E-96E9-5973AAB8B857.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 213
What if I were to wipe my hard drive clean and install as a fresh install? I know I would lose my apps and other data but I don't really mind at least I would have access to my computer. Any thoughts on how to do this or the pros and cons of this?

What if I were to wipe my hard drive clean and install as a fresh install? I know I would lose my apps and other data but I don't really mind at least I would have access to my computer. Any thoughts on how to do this or the pros and cons of this?
RTek,
I tried my best to help you with very detailed steps , often with uploaded images. Your responses have always been too brief to know what exactly you carried out in the given steps and how it could have failed. From the last post I understood that you often reached the Installer screen but balked at the reformat step and went with an installation option on a disk that was beaten to death by too many poorly performed and failed attempts for upgrade installations with many left over corrupt install files. Such MacOS Install Data Files would make that disk with another HS installation impossible to show up on reboot at the Clover Boot Manager Screen. If you want to start with a new installer you will find the steps in your earlier thread which you had abandoned to start this new one with a slightly different Title. You can find it at #25

RTek,
I tried my best to help you with very detailed steps , often with uploaded images. Your responses have always been too brief to know what exactly you carried out in the given steps and how it could have failed. From the last post I understood that you often reached the Installer screen but balked at the reformat step and went with an installation option on a disk that was beaten to death by too many poorly performed and failed attempts for upgrade installations with many left over corrupt install files. Such MacOS Install Data Files would make that disk with another HS installation impossible to show up on reboot at the Clover Boot Manager Screen. If you want to start with a new installer you will find the steps in your earlier thread which you had abandoned to start this new one with a slightly different Title. You can find it at #25
Thank you for all your advice. I will read through the forums and attempt a reformat and get back to you as soon as I have some results.

Hi

Last edited:
RTek,
Hi again,
I have been quite busy lately with some family stuff but I finally got around to reading up on it through the forums and I was ready to do a reformat which I did so now all of the failed attempts of installing high sierra have been completely deleted from my SSD drive. I am now attempting to install the high sierra installer which I have but when I click on the clover page with the hard drive HS logo after the initial install worked and brought me back to the Clover page, it now says MacOS could not be installed on your computer the path /System/installation/packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again. The way I reformatted was that I followed this articles advice recommended on a forum on here:
https://www.macobserver.com/tips/deep-dive/macos-sierra-delete-apfs-partition-right-way/

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back