Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Shut down during boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77 > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Hackintosh which is about 6 years old now suddenly refused to boot today. I couldn't find my boot disc but was able to create another. When booting normally, it goes through to the Apple logo and progress bar below stops at about 3/4 when it goes to black and shuts down. When booting from the boot disc, in both Recovery and the boot from the disc option, the screen doesn't go black, but to a white (ish) screen for both scenarios, but the straight boot from the disc there's the addition of the spinning color wheel. I'm suspicious that perhaps my motherboard has reached it's end. Any ideas?

Motherboard:
Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD CrossFireX/NVIDIA SLI Dual LAN Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77X-UD5H (no longer in production)

Processor:
Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor

El Capitan OS

Last edited:
@tomdellinger I’m having the exact same issue however instead of using a disk I used a WD external hard drive my book as a time machine. I ended up doing a complete restore and I still have the same issue. I checked bios and boot settings as per installation guides and still with same issues.

@tomdellinger I’m having the exact same issue however instead of using a disk I used a WD external hard drive my book as a time machine. I ended up doing a complete restore and I still have the same issue. I checked bios and boot settings as per installation guides and still with same issues.

I couildn't find my boot disc, but was able to create another since I have the same OS (El Capitan) on my laptop and have the install Mac OS in my applications folder. From there it was just a matter of running Unibeast and preparing an external disc. Look above at the response from Pilgrim and you'll see a link: See post #6 and #7. In there you'll find the info to correct some code? kexts? Not sure what to call it, but you need to get to the single user screen, enter those changes exactly as the link shows and it should work. It fixed mine. I was unfamiliar with how that worked and after some trial and error, I found that you enter a line as shown, hit return or enter and repeat for each line. The last line of text to enter is "reboot", hit enter and it shoudl reboot. That's what happened for me.

Just a quick update had to go back a few days in my time machine external drive and restored just OS and apps and SUCCESS all the offical info from google for whatever the reason didn’t work but this did and as an extra layer of protection i removed ALL GOOGLE based apps from my machine completed another time machine back up disconnect time machine HD and restarted machine and it Works. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back