Graphics
GT220 Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My hackintosh is running great. Slow to boot in what I assume is the chameleon pre OSX boot but apart from that great
I have a couple of questions regarding updating practices ,
is it a good practice to upgrade things like chameleon ?
I see a new version is out?
Also I have the realtek beta driver for my onboard LAN card and assume I should try and keep these up to date too?
Withboth of these is there a way to keep ion the loop about updates and what's best way to do it especially with chameleon I assume I can just overwrite the realtek driver no problems easy enough.

Regarding the slow startup is this normal?
What happens is it displays any hard drives or cd rooms attached then flicks to text at top of screen saying loading operating system. It seems to sit there for about 20 seconds before showing the green frog and proceeding to a normal OSX boot screen. Is this 20 secs normal? If not is there a way to speed it up?

shaneblyth said:
My hackintosh is running great. Slow to boot in what I assume is the chameleon pre OSX boot but apart from that great
I have a couple of questions regarding updating practices ,
is it a good practice to upgrade things like chameleon ?
I see a new version is out?
Also I have the realtek beta driver for my onboard LAN card and assume I should try and keep these up to date too?
Withboth of these is there a way to keep ion the loop about updates and what's best way to do it especially with chameleon I assume I can just overwrite the realtek driver no problems easy enough.

Regarding the slow startup is this normal?
What happens is it displays any hard drives or cd rooms attached then flicks to text at top of screen saying loading operating system. It seems to sit there for about 20 seconds before showing the green frog and proceeding to a normal OSX boot screen. Is this 20 secs normal? If not is there a way to speed it up?
Right now the latest stable release of Chameleon is in MultiBeast. Until there is a new stable release, there is no need to update.

As for the LAN beta, it's up to you if you want to run it and give Lnx2Mac feedback.

The cure for you final issue is to change the boot order in the BIOS to hard drive 1st instead of CD 1st.

Thanks macman
ill change the order
also when multibeast gets an updated chameleon do I use it to update it ?
thanks again

shaneblyth said:
Thanks macman
ill change the order
also when multibeast gets an updated chameleon do I use it to update it ?
thanks again
Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back