Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I found a deal on Sapphire Radeon RX6800 but I am currently using Sapphire RX6600 and is very satisfied. I am wondering if it is worth upgrading? I use the GPU mainly for Final Cut.

I found a deal on Sapphire Radeon RX6800 but I am currently using Sapphire RX6600 and is very satisfied. I am wondering if it is worth upgrading? I use the GPU mainly for Final Cut.

@JacCarson,

FCPX only uses the dGPU for anything that can be tile rendered such as titles, transitions and effects, it wont improve transcoding render times. So the overall improvement of a RX 6800 over your current RX 6600 will be minimal.

The RX 6800 will have a performance benefit when it comes to 3d work that can uses the dGPU compute cores and of course games if thats something you do.

But if you only manly use FCPX then i would stick with the RX 6600.

Cheers
Jay

@JacCarson,

FCPX only uses the dGPU for anything that can be tile rendered such as titles, transitions and effects, it wont improve transcoding render times. So the overall improvement of a RX 6800 over your current RX 6600 will be minimal.

The RX 6800 will have a performance benefit when it comes to 3d work that can uses the dGPU compute cores and of course games if thats something you do.

Cheers
Jay
thank you very much! ok :)

@JacCarson,

Cheers
Jay
Right. I switched from RX580 to RX6800 and not much has changed in Final Cut Pro.

I see that you have similar components to mine. Do you see such errors in the Console?

memorystatus_control error: MEMORYSTATUS_CMD_CONVERT_MEMLIMIT_MB(0) returned -1 22 (Invalid argument)

I have a lot of this and I don't know how to solve the problem. My system often freezes and slows down (OS 14.1).

Regards
Kris

Make sure that your PSU is enough for RX 6800 as it requires significantly more power comparing to RX 6600.

Back