Contribute
Register

Should I enable i5 4570 Graphics + GT 640 Discrete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i5 9400F
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Question,

Is there any performance benefit in enabling the i5 4570 on chip GPU as well as my GeForce GT 640? I use the GT 640 for my display output. If I use the "Inject Intel" feature in Clover, the Intel HD Graphics show up so:

Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 19.49.41.png

So am I better to have enabled or disabled? I appreciate it may seem a basic question to some, but would appreciate any enlightenment.

1. Do you have AirPlay mirroring when the integrated hd graphics is disabled? If no AirPlay mirroring, then try to enable the integrated graphics and take a look.

2. Play an MP4 movie using QuickTime, see if there is a process called "VTDecoderXPCService" running? If yes, then you don't have hardware accelerated video playback. Try to enable your integrated graphics and take a look.

1. Do you have AirPlay mirroring when the integrated hd graphics is disabled? If no AirPlay mirroring, then try to enable the integrated graphics and take a look.

2. Play an MP4 movie using QuickTime, see if there is a process called "VTDecoderXPCService" running? If yes, then you don't have hardware accelerated video playback. Try to enable your integrated graphics and take a look.

Ah, OK I see. When I enable integrated graphics I now have AirPlay option. Also yes, I have "VTDecoderXPCService" running when I play mp4 with QuickTime. So it is advantageous to have the integrated graphics enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back