Register

Should i buy BCM94360CS ?

Motherboard
Asus X570 TUF Gaming Plus
CPU
Ryzen 5 3600X
Graphics
RTX 3060 Ti
Hello,i got an Acer aspire 3 315-23 r4kb running macOS Sonoma 14.0 and it has qca 9377 wifi but there is no available kext for wifi so i wanted to buy a natively supported wifi card,is there anyone using this card on macOS Sonoma 14.0 or newer ? ,the reason i choose this card is because i have found it for so cheap and it has both wifi and bluetooth but there are some problems though ,first off what adapter should i buy for this apple card (i will attach the cards),next question is that apple one has 3 antena connections and mine has 2 how do i get around it ? and lastly is it possible that i can use the apple card in upcoming versions of macOS ?

Attachments

• 71MefpYKzML._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71MefpYKzML._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 71XeJWUyfbL.jpg
    71XeJWUyfbL.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 2
All Broadcom cards lost support in Sonoma.

You can lower security levels and patch. It's a lot of hoops to jump through.

Last edited:
All Broadcom cards lost support in Sonoma.

You can lower security levels and patch. It's a lot of hoops to jump through.

Thanks for letting me know.I have heard about OCLP ,considering that i will get the card for 5 bucks, i might wanna try actually.Could you also let me know how do i get around the missing antena and different slot type issues ?

how do i get around the missing antena and different slot type issues ?
It would make more sense to buy a card designed for a laptop than a desktop WIfi/BT card.
Then no adapter or wires are needed. Besides, the desktop BCM card may not even fit in your laptop.
If you want full support go with Ventura instead of Sonoma. Then the card works without needing to
use OCLP and lower security settings.

The one mostly used in Laptops is the BCM94360NG.

May find a lower price on Ebay if your budget is limited.

Last edited:
Back