Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi All

I am considering put a hackintosh into a Lian Li PC Q11 http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...ex=545&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=64&g=f but need suggestions as to the best 10.7 compatible graphics card I can get that is less than 24 cm long. If the power connections are at the end (eg most gigabyte cards), 24 cm needs to include the plug. If the plug is at the top (eg on the long edge like MSI cards seem to be) then it can push the 24 cm.

Suggestions please? I will continue to check against the "10.7 Lion - Graphics Cards which work and don't thread" http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26047 but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

what do you need from a graphics card?
eg, gaming?

most of the lower end cards are quite short, and depending on your usage you might not need a gaming card, meaning you could go for a cheaper, smaller, and cooler card

samisnake said:
what do you need from a graphics card?
eg, gaming?

most of the lower end cards are quite short, and depending on your usage you might not need a gaming card, meaning you could go for a cheaper, smaller, and cooler card

Looking to do some gaming (WOW, CIV V etc), video and audio transcoding and general computing. For future proofing, I suppose I am looking for the best performing card that is going to fit.

5770 would be the base card to look at.
budget and size allowing, you might want to look at 5850s, 5870s, possibly even some of the nvidia cards like the 460/470/480

a lot of the ati cards from the 5000 and 6000 range are compatible, as long as you get a reference design. see how far your budget will allow, and find out which cards will fit, then with those narrowed down choices, find an exact model number for the cards youve shortlisted and go from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back