Contribute
Register

Sharing files between Snow Leopard / Mountain Lion machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System make and model names > See Rules!
CPU
> Need full CPU model number > See Rules!
Graphics
> Need model name or version number > See Rules!
When I connect my new ML machine to my network, it will not file share with the other machines. My other 2 computers (SnowLeopard) and PC have no problem file sharing. I have turned on File Sharing but the Mountain Lion cannot recognize the SnowLeopard machine. The SnowLeopard can recognize and see the Shared folder off the MountainLion machine.

I can copy files from SnowLeopard to the new MountainLion, but the new MountainLion cannot find other shared folders. I have searched online, tried the AFP setting in file sharing, switched to SMB setting in file sharing, nothing is working. The Mountain Lion machine can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

When I connect my new ML machine to my network, it will not file share with the other machines. My other 2 computers (SnowLeopard) and PC have no problem file sharing. I have turned on File Sharing but the Mountain Lion cannot recognize the SnowLeopard machine. The SnowLeopard can recognize and see the Shared folder off the MountainLion machine.

I can copy files from SnowLeopard to the new MountainLion, but the new MountainLion cannot find other shared folders. I have searched online, tried the AFP setting in file sharing, switched to SMB setting in file sharing, nothing is working. The Mountain Lion machine can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you put both systems on the same workgroup in network settings? It won't work if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back