Contribute
Register

Shared Internal Hard Drive for macOS and Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Hello,

I am currently working on my first build and I want to be able to dual boot, however my biggest concern is being able to have one shared hard drive for both macOS and Windows that I can use to open up documents. I wasn't sure if there was a way, but since I did see that there is a chance that macOS supports NTFS, I wanted to know if it is possible and if so, how can I make it happen?

Thanks!

Hello,

I am currently working on my first build and I want to be able to dual boot, however my biggest concern is being able to have one shared hard drive for both macOS and Windows that I can use to open up documents. I wasn't sure if there was a way, but since I did see that there is a chance that macOS supports NTFS, I wanted to know if it is possible and if so, how can I make it happen?

Thanks!

Check out http://www.tuxera.com/products/tuxera-ntfs-for-mac/

Hello,

Thanks!
If it is documents only and they are less than 2GB in size, create a partition and format it MSDOS FAT (FAT32).
Both Windows and OS X can read/write natively to FAT32. Only caveat here is the partition must be less than 1TB since that is the size limit for FAT32 file system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back