Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Over the past week or so, I've had some very strange problems with my Hackintosh. The Finder has become unresponsive/crash prone (at seemingly random intervals, I'll open a Finder window and no icons will show up in the field to the right side), I can't get it to restart with Force Quit, then the machine hangs when I try to shut it down. My external SATA Time Machine drive is shown as "incorrectly ejected" a couple times a day (I never want it to eject), and iCal just seems to shut itself off (I'll just notice the icon is no longer illuminated in my Dock). I was also having trouble getting a bunch of webpages to load in Chrome tonight while these Finder issues were going on. I have experience on Hackintoshes going back many years, and nothing like these things has ever happened. My machine's specs are under my username to the left. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I do not want to have to do a clean install. I've never had to do a reinstall of a Mac OS (mostly on real Macs), and I'd hate to start.

what the system.log say ??
- try to disable onboard IGPU from bios set is to PEG
- u use sandy bridge so i recommend u to install SSDT from multibeast ,,
- anyway we dont recommend to use Sandybridge on 7 series chipset ;

^This. I know it sucks to have to buy a new CPU when you already have a 2600k but I went through a ton of issues trying to get my system up and running with a 2500k, bought a 3570k and it went from the hardest install to the easiest. With the 3570K and 8800GTS it was almost like installing on a real mac, had full graphics during install and after boot up, speed step etc all worked. Ran multibeast with the usual settings for DSDT, audio, ethernet and have had no issues since. On the other hand my system worked great with the 2500K in Lion, but not with Mountain Lion.

It wouldn't be wise for me to buy a new CPU for at least 3-4 months. I have the SSDT installed for my board/CPU and the IGPU is disabled, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it for a while unless the system.log uncovers something.

I think I've found a fix for my issue. Console kept showing an error message about some process related to software from Akamai, and I found a post on the official Apple forums complaining of Finder problems with the same Akamai errors in Console. I've removed Akamai's software with their uninstaller, and now I'll wait and see if the problem stops.

The Finder crashes have definitely stopped after removing that Akamai software, so that's a relief. Just need to look into why my SATA Time MAchine drive is unmounting to have everything back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back