Contribute
Register

Several kext issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I would like to thank this forum because I have a working snow leopard 10.6.3 on my laptop.
specs: It's a clevo P170HM
Intel i7 2820qm
Nvidia Geforce GTX 580M
16gb DDR3 Dual channel
Realtek RTL8188CE wireless lan
JMICRON PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Realtek HD audio (couldn't find a number)
I used Multibeast but that did not help much (no dsdts)
and chameleon to boot up with settings PCIRootUID=1

Basically Snow Leopard doesn't see it's a Intel processor and only sees 4gb of ram.
I couldn't find Kexts for my graphics card,wlan,ethernet (probably have to buy a external adapter).
And audio gives some crazy noises but VoodoHDA does not work.
Also I can't set the resolution to 1920x1080.

Can someone help me cause I'm a noob in kexts.

Your laptop has Realtek HD Audio 892. Therefore, you should try installing ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDARollback, and ALC892 (located under Multibeast under Drivers->Kexts->Audio->Realtek ALC8xx).

Having multiple audio kexts at the same time can cause problems, so before installing any new kexts, you should delete your old ones. To delete audio kexts, go to /Extra/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions in your hard drive and delete anything with "HDA" in it.

If you're currently booting from iBoot, that's why Snow Leopard can only see 4 GB of RAM. If not, go to /Extra your hard drive and find com.apple.Boot.plist (or org.Chameleon.boot.plist). Open it with TextEdit and remove "maxmem=4096" from under Kernel Flags.

However, you won't be able to save your changes to "com.apple.Boot.plist" because it's a system file (in Lion, TextEdit will let you unlock system files). To work around this problem, "Save As" this file to the desktop, or some other random place where you can find it. While saving it, make sure you uncheck the option to convert it into a .txt file.

Once you've saved it, copy this file into the "Extras" folder, replacing the original "com.Apple.Boot.plist".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back