Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,

I built my Hackintosh over a year ago and once I got everything to work properly, I stopped messing with it. Over the past few months I've had an increasing amount of crashes most likely associated with a faulty ethernet port on my motherboard, where after a few hours or when trying to transfer a lot of data over the ethernet port it would crap out, so I bought a TP-Link ethernet card model TG-3468 to use instead.

By default it's not working, and I believe it requires a special kext to work properly. I was wondering if there was a tutorial or if anyone had guidance on this. It's been so long since I messed with any Chameleon settings so I wanted to tread lightly back into that world.

Thanks,
John

Hey everyone,

I built my Hackintosh over a year ago and once I got everything to work properly, I stopped messing with it. Over the past few months I've had an increasing amount of crashes most likely associated with a faulty ethernet port on my motherboard, where after a few hours or when trying to transfer a lot of data over the ethernet port it would crap out, so I bought a TP-Link ethernet card model TG-3468 to use instead.

By default it's not working, and I believe it requires a special kext to work properly. I was wondering if there was a tutorial or if anyone had guidance on this. It's been so long since I messed with any Chameleon settings so I wanted to tread lightly back into that world.

Thanks,
John

That card is based on a Realtek 8111 chipset, so it should work with the Realtek LAN driver in MultiBeast. Just rerun MultiBeast and select only that driver; it will be installed without touching any of the rest of your configuration.

That worked! Thank you so much!

That card is based on a Realtek 8111 chipset, so it should work with the Realtek LAN driver in MultiBeast. Just rerun MultiBeast and select only that driver; it will be installed without touching any of the rest of your configuration.

do you thinks this card work on Yosemite 10.10.5 thanks

Just wanted to follow up on this thread and report that the TP-Link TG-3468 also works for me in High Sierra 10.13.6 after installing driver via Multibeast.

Thank you all for another helpful thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back