Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
CPU
Core i3 2310M
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Hi. How would you set the brightness or gamma in SL?
My monitor cannot display bright (gonna change it, but for the time being), how can I do it?

I've tried using the Color Profiles, and they don't seem to work. I've moved all sliders, nothing happens. Color calibration doesn't work. Is it because my video card is an Nvidia 8400GS, which I have FORCE-ACTIVATED to work by injecting its ID into a kext (see here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12646), could this be the reason?

I've tried third part brightness apps as well, none of which seems to work. There's supposed to be a brightness slider, right? Moving that slider has no effect...

Any ideas guys? I'll be helpful for any support !

P.S. Sorry, I posted it in the wrong forum!

1. I wonder if a mod can move this to the correct forum category (10.6 support/graphics)
2. HELP ;)

HarryCJ said:
Hi. How would you set the brightness or gamma in SL?
My monitor cannot display bright (gonna change it, but for the time being), how can I do it?

I've tried using the Color Profiles, and they don't seem to work. I've moved all sliders, nothing happens. Color calibration doesn't work. Is it because my video card is an Nvidia 8400GS, which I have FORCE-ACTIVATED to work by injecting its ID into a kext (see here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12646), could this be the reason?

I've tried third part brightness apps as well, none of which seems to work. There's supposed to be a brightness slider, right? Moving that slider has no effect...

Any ideas guys? I'll be helpful for any support !

P.S. Sorry, I posted it in the wrong forum!

I am using 8800GT with only GraphicsEnabler=Yes stings in boot.plist. QE/CE works fine, Display calibration options works fine. Using latest chameleon.

Mak 1 said:
I am using 8800GT with only GraphicsEnabler=Yes stings in boot.plist. QE/CE works fine, Display calibration options works fine. Using latest chameleon.

So that means my video card is the problem, THANKS!

Now I need someone with an 8400GS to find a solution :lol:

HarryCJ said:
Mak 1 said:

So that means my video card is the problem, THANKS!

Now I need someone with an 8400GS to find a solution :lol:

No, I meant you can try to enable it with only GraphicsEnabler=Yes string, and see if it works for you. I am sure that your graphics car will be recognized by boot-loader. But you should clean other GPU enbalers to make sure GraphicsEnabler=Yes is the only enabler.

Mak 1 said:
No, I meant you can try to enable it with only GraphicsEnabler=Yes string, and see if it works for you. I am sure that your graphics car will be recognized by boot-loader. But you should clean other GPU enbalers to make sure GraphicsEnabler=Yes is the only enabler.

Okay, I'll try that right away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back