Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5 7200U
Graphics
HD620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I'm installing OS high Sierra for the first time so I'm a newbie at this. The problem is it's hanging at bootup because of the setting for the graphics card, I understand the the NIVIDA graphics card needs the flag set to nvda_disable=1 so as not to cause the lock up.

On start up to install I set this and it boots to install OS High Sierra just fine and goes threw the install process and begins with no issues. The problem is upon the second reboot of the OS installation process the Nivida flag is not set so it then locks up again at the black screen with apple logo.

I've also set the flag for NIVIDA Web drivers in Clover but that doesn't seem to do it. I've read a bunch of posts on this but don't understand how to get to the file to set this permanently. I'm following the OS High Sierra guide here to a T so it's not clear to me how to go from where I'm and to get past this. My USB install drive has these files Install macOS_High_Serria.app, EFI-Backups folder, MultiBeast High Sierra Edition folder.

I'm creating a budget build with..
Hardware:
HP Compaq Pro 6300 i3-3220 3.30HHz 4GB
NIVIDA GFORCE GT 710 PCIE
OWC 480GB SSD

Your help is needed.. Thanks!

I'm installing OS high Sierra for the first time so I'm a newbie at this. The problem is it's hanging at bootup because of the setting for the graphics card, I understand the the NIVIDA graphics card needs the flag set to nvda_disable=1 so as not to cause the lock up.

On start up to install I set this and it boots to install OS High Sierra just fine and goes threw the install process and begins with no issues. The problem is upon the second reboot of the OS installation process the Nivida flag is not set so it then locks up again at the black screen with apple logo.

I've also set the flag for NIVIDA Web drivers in Clover but that doesn't seem to do it. I've read a bunch of posts on this but don't understand how to get to the file to set this permanently. I'm following the OS High Sierra guide here to a T so it's not clear to me how to go from where I'm and to get past this. My USB install drive has these files Install macOS_High_Serria.app, EFI-Backups folder, MultiBeast High Sierra Edition folder.

I'm creating a budget build with..
Hardware:
HP Compaq Pro 6300 i3-3220 3.30HHz 4GB
NIVIDA GFORCE GT 710 PCIE
OWC 480GB SSD

Your help is needed.. Thanks!
moved to Graphics

Very similar issue and simply commenting to follow..

<3

It is nv_disable=1. If you select the boot volume at the Clover boot screen and press the space bar you can add it quickly that way.

It is nv_disable=1. If you select the boot volume at the Clover boot screen and press the space bar you can add it quickly that way.

Found out about those clover shortcuts after fixing my booting issue hahah clover is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back