Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Setting default boot volume seems to be ignored....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z490M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have the config.plist DefaultVoume set to Macintosh SSD (the name of my internal drive). Yet whenever I restart, Clover defaults to trying to boot from an "Macintosh Install" volume. The strange thing is that this has only recently started happening, after about a year of trouble-free operation and I've not performed an OS update recently.

It's not the end of the world, I just have to remember to navigate over to the correct boot volume and all's well. But I'd have imagined the value in Root > Boot > DefaultVolume would have told Clover which drive to boot from?

On a related point - where is this "Macintosh Install" pseudo-volume anyway and can I remove it?

Thanks,

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 09.35.25.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 09.35.25.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 62
Yet whenever I restart, Clover defaults to trying to boot from an "Macintosh Install" volume.

On a related point - where is this "Macintosh Install" pseudo-volume anyway and can I remove it?

Are you sure it doesn't say "macOS Install" and not "Macintosh Install" in the description? It could be on the Preboot volume which you can hide but not delete. Or it could be in a folder on your root volume called "macOS Install Data" if updates downloaded automatically. But that should have been removed if that finished successfully.

Hi @jpz4085 Currently I show five volumes available in Clover's boot screen.

From left to right they're labeled:
  • FileVault Prebooter from Preboot
  • Install Prebooter from Preboot
  • macOS Install from Macintosh SSD
  • macOS from Macintosh SSD
  • Recovery from Recovery
As shown in my original post config.plist is set to use"Macintosh SSD" as its default, but Clover actually defaults to
"macOS Install from Macintosh SSD". Attached shows me manually selecting the correct volume (Macintosh SSD)

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20190610_081146.jpg
    IMG_20190610_081146.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
Perfect, that did the trick for me on Mojave. Thanks @BreBo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back