Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo ideapad 330S - Clover
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620 (1920x1080)
Trying to install High Sierra on my laptop, but cant boot the installer. At the end of the booting process the line on the top of the screen appears: "(com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds..." and nothing happens. What should I do. Attaching clover folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Trying to install High Sierra on my laptop, but cant boot the installer. At the end of the booting process the line on the top of the screen appears: "(com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Service only ran for 8 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds..." and nothing happens. What should I do. Attaching clover folder.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Redid Clover folder. Same result. OS X El Capitan installer boots fine.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 140
Redid Clover folder. Same result. OS X El Capitan installer boots fine.

Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext require -lilubeta and -intelgfxbeta kernel flags on unsupported versions of macOS/OS X... such as the 10.13 beta.

Your config.plist does not have those flags in Boot/Arguments.
Also, you should probably update FakeSMC.kext.
And use an invalid ig-platform-id for the case of other graphics issues (your profile is not filled out correctly as per FAQ).

No changes.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 134
No verbose boot photo provided.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again.
There's nothing to provide... Loading stucks when graphical interface is about to appear. I see black screen with only one line on top of it
*time* *something like "Macbook air local: com.apple.launchd"* "(com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds..."
Time refreshes after each 10 seconds.
When booting not in verbose mode, circle loading animation appears on top of the progress bar and nothing happens.

There's nothing to provide... Loading stucks when graphical interface is about to appear. I see black screen with only one line on top of it Time refreshes after each 10 seconds.
When booting not in verbose mode, circle loading animation appears on top of the progress bar and nothing happens.

Remove Lilu.kext+IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. They are not needed with an invalid ig-platform-id.
Make sure you disable your Radeon graphics in BIOS.

Also, be patient. Booting the installer from USB is not quick, and it is even slower in High Sierra.

Left installer for 30 minutes. No result. Maybe I should wait for official High Sierra release, because I can boot both El Capitan and Sierra using this clover configuration.

Left installer for 30 minutes. No result. Maybe I should wait for official High Sierra release, because I can boot both El Capitan and Sierra using this clover configuration.

Try cpus=1
Could be USB issues too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back