Register

Service exited with 255 error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
I'm having grey screen come up when trying to boot from Unibeast USB. I had good results using Clover and El Cap with my setup using this guide - everything has been working fine - I just like to wipe and re-install every year or so. Not sure if everything is working fine right now - why I'd be getting this error when trying to start fresh.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Check the System freezes on boot section of the Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems.

Thanks for the link. Going to try this: If integrated graphics, make sure config.plist sets Graphics / Inject / Intel to <true/> since I'm using just the built in Intel graphics.

A lot of folks with similar problem say to select boot with injected kext - but where can I select "Boot with injected kext" from the clover screen? I don't seem to have that option...

A lot of folks with similar problem say to select boot with injected kext - but where can I select "Boot with injected kext" from the clover screen? I don't seem to have that option...

The last couple of Clover builds a lot has changed regarding the menu options.
If you press the space bar at the Clover Boot Screen the second and third option are:
  • Boot macOS with selected options
  • Boot macOS without injected kexts
Now I'm not saying that Boot macOS with selected options is the same as Boot macOS with injected kexts.
Maybe try it.

Of course there's always the option to edit your config.plist and set InjectKexts to Yes.
Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
    </dict>

Thanks so much for your help. I got it working after reading this line: "If you actually boot from the system drive and just select the USB from the Clover menu, you may be using a broken Clover config on the system drive instead of a working config on the USB."

No matter what I selected in the Bios settings - the thing would always boot from my system drive and give me the USB option. So I disconnected my system drive - made sure again set USB to boot in Bios - then booted from USB/Unibeast - then reattached the drive. But I'm going to wait to wipe it until I have all the info since I'm such a Clover idiot.

My question now is - Should I flash/wipe the bios before doing a clean install with Unibeast/Multibeast/Clover? Or will wiping the system drive clean out older clover stuff?

My question now is - Should I flash/wipe the bios before doing a clean install with Unibeast/Multibeast/Clover? Or will wiping the system drive clean out older clover stuff?

Simply remove Clover by mounting the EFI partition and delete the EFI folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back