HD6850 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

I'm a bit of a Noob a this, but I managed to get Mountain Lion working perfectly fine apart from iCloud/iMessage, so I worked out that I needed to change the serial, I did that with Chameleon Wizard and changed it to Mac Pro 5,1 and generated a month of production etc, I then navigated to the /Extra folder and saved there. I then restarted the machine and it came to the page in the image I have attached.

Please can you tell me what to do to fix it!

Thanks in advance,

Will

Specs:
i5 2500K - Not OC'd
Gigabyte XKT-1155 Z68AP-D3 Motherboard
Sappire Radeon HD6850 2GB
8GB Corsair Vengeance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    849.4 KB · Views: 116
Thanks very much, have used that information and downgraded back to 3,1. So will it provide any noticeable speed improvements upgrading to 5,1?

Thanks

Will

I Changed to the 5,1 definition. My Geekbench score went up slightly, but not really noticed anything else. The 5,1 definition is meant to provide better compatibility with the Radeon 6870 graphics card, but again not really noticed anything.

The main reason I changed was to get my system definition as up to date as possible in about my Mac, but there are other ways to do this without the removal of Kexts etc.

Happy New Year!

Hi there,

Thanks very much for your help. So in the end would you recomend doing it? Yeh I wanted to just change the serial, and make the Mac look better, but I didn't realise what it would do to my system! I was trying to change the serial as I did a fix that I found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERhsM9pFGI for the ethernet, but that only enabled iCloud + App Store, but my iMessage and my FaceTime are not working either, any idea what else I could do?

Thanks

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back