HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello tonymacx86'ers,

Its been four years that i last had a chance to run Mac OS on a hackintosh laptop. (Waoow times flies so fast). The probook laptop project was something that i came across randomly and my urge to try a new OS lead me to try Mac OS. The experience was so remarkable with mac compared to windows OS that i bought myself macbook pro and lived happily ever after. Just kidding.
Here i am four years later. This time, i am here for a desktop replacement since i barely use my windows PC now.
My requirement is to build a hackintosh with Skylane and that should be not too much expensive. I definately need a dedicated GPU since i do some light gaming (1080p Only). Besides, I have read that we need Nvidia GPU now to have sleep working properly.

So far, here are the list of components that i will be buying. Gigabyte mother boards are not available in my country and nor is Wifi card, so i will be importing them from US. Its going to cost me a fortune but it seems that i am out of options.

CPU = Intel i5 6500
Motherboard = Gigabyte H170N-WIFI
Ram = Corsair Vengeance 8gb
SSD = Samsung Evo 250gb SSD
PSU = Corsair VS450 - 450 Watt Power Supply
Chassis = Cooler Master Elite 130
GPU = Gigabyte GTX 950

PS: I am old, not literally but with loads of works that i have to do. I have to deal with patients, i have to deal with my Residency. So i want every single component that is supported by community "fully".

Sorry for a long post, if you could spare sometime and guide me, i will be in your debt.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back