CPU
Pentium G4560
Graphics
Sapphire RX 570 Pulse ITX (4Gb)
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys, I don't know when my Hackintosh decided to separate its data portion as another partition and I can't install the supplemental update. anyone know how to solve this or should I do a clean install?
Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 10.59.32 PM.png

this is normal on catalina, macos create a partition for system files and make it read only, and a data partition for you to write your data, install apps...

this is normal on catalina, macos create a partition for system files and make it read only, and a data partition for you to write your data, install apps...
I see. the other part of the question is that I can't install the supplemental update. you know the solution? I tried to reboot but to no avail. the update won't install

I see. the other part of the question is that I can't install the supplemental update. you know the solution? I tried to reboot but to no avail. the update won't install

You'd need a little more information than that. Which bootloader/version? What do you mean by "won't install"? What's the final error or message in verbose mode? EFI contents?

In Clover choose the Install MacOS update icon to really install the update when it tries to reboot. I had to do the same.

İt's not possible. I have the same problem. There is in Clover a boot option " Install uptade from macOS - Data " ... If i choose this option it reboot immediately without to begann with update. And the next boot from regulary partition it warns for kernelpanic

I know what you mean but that is not that problem what i have

Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for or your latest system.

Also, see my earlier reply in this thread here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tall-supplementary-update.285278/post-2018751

When my system wanted to do the supplemental update
I picked the install macos in clover 3 times, final time Mac SSD
1st time it booted into install routine for less than 2 minutes then rebooted
2nd time it ran the install routine fully
3rd time I thought still needed more to do because Install macOS was still available, so I picked it again, could not install
4th time picked Mac SSD, System works fine with the update

I notice my Data partition quit showing up in finder, it still exists but I think Apple decided that was going to confuse people so they just mount both and show the 2 volumes as one and when you write something to drive it goes to the data volume.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back