CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was thinking about selling my Hackintosh :( for a Macbook Pro since I will be moving across the country. I posted it on Craigslist and received two hits the next day. I talked to them and offered to also build them a computer and install OSX on it. They were interested.

Before I continue with these transactions, should I be worried about the implications of doing so? Can I sell a computer with OSX on it?

I know PsyStar ran into a lot of issues down the road. What leverage does Apple have on them? Is there any way to make a small business out of building computers that happen to have OSX-compatible parts and then installing OSX on them after you have built them with parts the customer has ordered?

B-rad said:
I was thinking about selling my Hackintosh :( for a Macbook Pro since I will be moving across the country. I posted it on Craigslist and received two hits the next day. I talked to them and offered to also build them a computer and install OSX on it. They were interested.

Before I continue with these transactions, should I be worried about the implications of doing so? Can I sell a computer with OSX on it?

I know PsyStar ran into a lot of issues down the road. What leverage does Apple have on them? Is there any way to make a small business out of building computers that happen to have OSX-compatible parts and then installing OSX on them after you have built them with parts the customer has ordered?

Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6495

You won't be able to sell it with OS X installed on either Craigslist or eBay, but you can just install Windows or Linux and then sell the rig. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back