Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Selecting Unibeast USB on BOOT menu will show me again the BOOT menu after a second with no clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B85M-D2V
CPU
i7 4770
Graphics
GTX970
Hey,

Z390 Aorus Ultra + 9900K

I'm following this guide , installed unibeast on a sandisk 64GB, selected UEFI and tried to boot to it. Problem is that after I select it in the boot menu I don't see logs or anything, it goes to a black screen and shows the boot menu again. (doesn't even seem to restart)
Another thing that may be relevant is that in the boot menu, the sandisk doesn't have UEFI prefix (Other boot option do have that prefix)

I tried creating the UniBeast again and doubled check that UEFI is selected. Same results.

Things that were done in the Bios:

Load Optimized Defaults
VT-d - disable it
OS Type - Other OS
XHCI Handoff - Enabled

Thanks for the reply. I've reviewed the troubleshooting notes.
The flash drives I've used are 16GB and 32GB.

Thanks for the reply. I've reviewed the troubleshooting notes.
The flash drives I've used are 16GB and 32GB.

Try booting with an invalid platform id (0x12345678). Clover - Options - Graphics Injector.

Try OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (See nickwoodhams.com) instead of AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, or OsxAptioFix3Drv.

Hey,

Z390 Aorus Ultra + 9900K

I'm following this guide , installed unibeast on a sandisk 64GB, selected UEFI and tried to boot to it. Problem is that after I select it in the boot menu I don't see logs or anything, it goes to a black screen and shows the boot menu again. (doesn't even seem to restart)
Another thing that may be relevant is that in the boot menu, the sandisk doesn't have UEFI prefix (Other boot option do have that prefix)

I tried creating the UniBeast again and doubled check that UEFI is selected. Same results.

Load Optimized Defaults
VT-d - disable it
OS Type - Other OS
XHCI Handoff - Enabled

Problem is that after I select it in the boot menu I don't see logs or anything, it goes to a black screen and shows the boot menu again. (doesn't even seem to restart)

Load Optimized Defaults
VT-d - disable it
OS Type - Other OS
XHCI Handoff - Enabled

Load Optimized Defaults
VT-d - disable it
OS Type - Other OS
XHCI Handoff - Enabled

A few things to consider in BIOS selections:
  • In the absence of any PCIE Graphics in the listed Hardware, we have to assume your Graphics is Intel® UHD Graphics 630 associated with Intel Core i9-9900K
  • This requires BIOS_Peripherals_Initial Display Output : PCIE 1 Slot to be changed from Default to IGFX

Problem is that after I select it in the boot menu I don't see logs or anything, it goes to a black screen and shows the boot menu again. (doesn't even seem to restart)

• Did you see your UEFI sandisk macOSMojave USB Installer in BIOS _Boot Option Priorities list and make it #1?
    • If you don't see UEFI Prefix , Problem is at Unibeast creation step

• Did you not DISABLE all other Devices (real and Phantom like Sandisk without UEFI prefix, Hard disk with and without UEFI Prefix and Mac OSX (bogus or phantom disk)? [See uploaded sample images]
  • If you have selected UEFI USB Installer as First boot but then it does not reach CBM screen, then the problem is in "AptioFix... .Efi" of /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI .

Attachments

• 1.Boot Option Priorities .png
    1.Boot Option Priorities .png
    252.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 2.BIOS Boot Option #1.png
    2.BIOS Boot Option #1.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 56
Thanks for all your help. I tried all the advises above, nothing helped.
Eventually I switched to a different flash drive and it worked flawlessly. Bad drives maybe?

Got the system up and running in no time. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back