EVGA GTX 960 SSC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yosemite "deadbeef" error

Hi guys! I have successfully installed Yosemite with Unibeast on my first Hackintosh (my first user-built computer, in fact) largely thanks to help in these forums. Now I'm encountering a couple of other weird issues. The road so far...

Hardware is as follows:
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
Intel i5-4690
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2x8GB)
Using Intel graphics (I have an EVGA GTX 960 SSC, but had to take it out for the Unibeast installer to run.)

Boot flags -v -x -no-zp got Yosemite to install successfully.

First a side question: Before installing MultiBeast drivers, Yosemite would boot with -v but not without. I thought -v just displays on the screen in text what the boot process is doing anyway (hence "verbose"). Does it actually change something?

Now the real question: I keep getting KPs from "Error: freed zone element. Expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef00000000." I can't find any perceptible pattern in how/why/when it happens. I have booted multiple times with the same boot flags and performed the same tasks, and that error happens at different points or not at all until I shut down. I have also tried different combinations of -v, -x, and GraphicsEnabler, but the error seems just as random. Any ideas?

Hi guys! I have successfully installed Yosemite with Unibeast on my first Hackintosh (my first user-built computer, in fact) largely thanks to help in these forums. Now I'm encountering a couple of other weird issues. The road so far...

Hardware is as follows:
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
Intel i5-4690
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2x8GB)
Using Intel graphics (I have an EVGA GTX 960 SSC, but had to take it out for the Unibeast installer to run.)

Boot flags -v -x -no-zp got Yosemite to install successfully.

First a side question: Before installing MultiBeast drivers, Yosemite would boot with -v but not without. I thought -v just displays on the screen in text what the boot process is doing anyway (hence "verbose"). Does it actually change something?

Now the real question: I keep getting KPs from "Error: freed zone element. Expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef00000000." I can't find any perceptible pattern in how/why/when it happens. I have booted multiple times with the same boot flags and performed the same tasks, and that error happens at different points or not at all until I shut down. I have also tried different combinations of -v, -x, and GraphicsEnabler, but the error seems just as random. Any ideas?

When you are facing this KP?? While installation or after post installation taks.

When you are facing this KP?? While installation or after post installation taks.

Post. By the way, I have since gotten the 960 running.

A further addendum: I am no longer getting kernel panics, but the OS is freezing at apparently random points. I can't pinpoint any particular cause or trigger.

A further addendum: I am no longer getting kernel panics, but the OS is freezing at apparently random points. I can't pinpoint any particular cause or trigger.

Is the panic happening with any messages on the screen??

Is the panic happening with any messages on the screen??

Nope. Nothing at all. Everything just freezes. Even the cursor won't move. I've tried booting with -v hoping it would show something that would help identify the problem, but no such luck.

Nope. Nothing at all. Everything just freezes. Even the cursor won't move.

If again the panic happening then after reboot open your /var/log/system.log . Check the kernel related logs from/before the time of freeze, might be you can find something there.

If again the panic happening then after reboot open your /var/log/system.log . Check the kernel related logs from/before the time of freeze, might be you can find something there.

Here are the last several logs before the previous crash:

Code:
Mar 18 10:36:58 GuitarGuy3826-Yosemite com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.StreamingUnzipService): The _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is not available on this platform.
Mar 18 10:36:58 GuitarGuy3826-Yosemite.local storedownloadd[369]: DownloadServiceDelegate: Accepting new connection <NSXPCConnection: 0x7fc5a3607a00> connection from pid 367 with interface <DownloadServiceInterface: 0x7fc5a3602420> (PID 367)
Mar 18 10:36:59 GuitarGuy3826-Yosemite.local AppleIDAuthAgent[318]: AppleIdAuth URL: https://identity.apple.com/dsservices/dsxmlrpc
Mar 18 10:37:18 GuitarGuy3826-Yosemite.local mds[33]: (Volume.Normal:166) vsd: 0x7ffc9d05e000 DisabledStore recycle:2 context: { DisabledRecycleCount = 2; }
Mar 18 10:37:18 GuitarGuy3826-Yosemite.local mds[33]: (Volume.Error:577) vsd: 0x7ffc9c058400 Open failed. failureCount:2 { DisabledRecycleCount = 2; }
Mar 18 10:37:38 GuitarGuy3826-Yosemite.local distnoted[373]: # distnote server agent absolute time: 76.951145329 civil time: Wed Mar 18 10:37:38 2015 pid: 373 uid: 89 root: no
Mar 18 10:37:40 GuitarGuy3826-Yosemite com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imdmessageservices.IMDMessageServicesAgent): The _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is not available on this platform.
Mar 18 10:37:40 GuitarGuy3826-Yosemite com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): The _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is not available on this platform.
Mar 18 10:37:51 GuitarGuy3826-Yosemite.local LCore[219]: Logitech Updater automatic check not old enough

That is the last thing before the freeze. According to the clock in the menu bar, the freeze occurred at 10:18:05.

Here are the last several logs before the previous crash:

That is the last thing before the freeze. According to the clock in the menu bar, the freeze occurred at 10:18:05.

You posted the logs from 10:36 not from or before 10:18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back