i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1060/HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Portable
Hey guys (and girls) !

Thanks to all of your threads & help, i've been working flawlessly with a great MacPro5.1 hackintosh build for the last couple of years. Cheers to that ! However I need to be a bit more mobile now, can't move the huge monster wherever I work! I need your lights for my next laptop build please... FYI: I'm computer smart, but far from reaching your level of understanding Dev talk!

I've been around most threads, topics concerning similar ROG, HP MB builds, i7 Kabylake and Skylake installation topic. For the past few days I tried installing with Yosemite, Sierra clover/unibeast. (Now downloading El Capitan to try). Tried many combinations of bootable USB from different guides, installed on main SSD dualed partition, also internal HFS+ 1TB HDD. Tried differents versions of kexts, FakeCPUID, config.plsit, graphic configs, boot arguments... I can never get to OSX installation screen after Clover goes verbose. So before I even bother you people asking for real help, I will try again on my own, see how far I get and then update you with all the specific details. To do that, can anyone who really knows the topic please orient me to the correct installation guide for me. So I can get a clean fresh start from there... I've reached my limits and am really exhausted. :crazy:

My laptop specs
- Asus ROG GL 502 VMK
- Intel HM175 Express Chipset
- i7 7700HQ Processor
- GTX 1060 6GB
- 8GB RAM DDR4
- Main 250GB SSD with Windows 10 & 23GB free HFS+ partition
- 1To HDD available for formatting

Hey guys (and girls) !

Thanks to all of your threads & help, i've been working flawlessly with a great MacPro5.1 hackintosh build for the last couple of years. Cheers to that ! However I need to be a bit more mobile now, can't move the huge monster wherever I work! I need your lights for my next laptop build please... FYI: I'm computer smart, but far from reaching your level of understanding Dev talk!

I've been around most threads, topics concerning similar ROG, HP MB builds, i7 Kabylake and Skylake installation topic. For the past few days I tried installing with Yosemite, Sierra clover/unibeast. (Now downloading El Capitan to try). Tried many combinations of bootable USB from different guides, installed on main SSD dualed partition, also internal HFS+ 1TB HDD. Tried differents versions of kexts, FakeCPUID, config.plsit, graphic configs, boot arguments... I can never get to OSX installation screen after Clover goes verbose. So before I even bother you people asking for real help, I will try again on my own, see how far I get and then update you with all the specific details. To do that, can anyone who really knows the topic please orient me to the correct installation guide for me. So I can get a clean fresh start from there... I've reached my limits and am really exhausted. :crazy:

My laptop specs
- Asus ROG GL 502 VMK
- Intel HM175 Express Chipset
- i7 7700HQ Processor
- GTX 1060 6GB
- 8GB RAM DDR4
- Main 250GB SSD with Windows 10 & 23GB free HFS+ partition
- 1To HDD available for formatting

moved to laptop support

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back