Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody,

I have a rather old system which runs fine with HighSierra 10.13.3.

By now my GPUs fan has started to make some very unpleasant noise and I'd like to replace it with something completely without a fan, i.e. silent.

I code and write mainly on the system, i.e. I don't need the GPU to be suitable for gaming. What I need though is multi-monitor support (any combination of HDMI/DVI) for at least two displays with a resolution of 1920x1200.

As the current Buyer's Guide is geared towards newer systems I'm a bit lost how to find a suitable GPU.

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

## PC Specs #
* Mainboard: MSI B75A-G43
* Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHZ 1 GB DDR5
* Chipset: Intel B75, Ivy-Bridge, 7er Series
* Processor: Intel Pentium Core™ i3-3220
* Integrated Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 2500

Hi everybody,

I have a rather old system which runs fine with HighSierra 10.13.3.

By now my GPUs fan has started to make some very unpleasant noise and I'd like to replace it with something completely without a fan, i.e. silent.

I code and write mainly on the system, i.e. I don't need the GPU to be suitable for gaming. What I need though is multi-monitor support (any combination of HDMI/DVI) for at least two displays with a resolution of 1920x1200.

As the current Buyer's Guide is geared towards newer systems I'm a bit lost how to find a suitable GPU.

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

## PC Specs #
* Mainboard: MSI B75A-G43
* Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHZ 1 GB DDR5
* Chipset: Intel B75, Ivy-Bridge, 7er Series
* Processor: Intel Pentium Core™ i3-3220
* Integrated Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 2500

This isn't massively helpful but I'm also on the hunt, albeit for a higher resolution. I've currently got a Geforce 710 which worked straight out of the box with no work, is passively cooled and supports multiple monitors. However I'm not sure it can push both at the resolution you want, I'm doing some digging into it at the moment and will let you know what I find.

There is one VGA connection and two digital connections so only two monitors will work. Even then it's not likely you'll get 4K at 60 Hz even with the HDMI 2.0 output.

Screen Shot 14.jpg

Only the specs provided in the link above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back