Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I already own an i7-930 and the the gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherbaord, but as im a noob, im not planing on making an overclocked system. Also, im planing on spending at most, more or less, 800 dollars more.

I want to make a decent workstation mainly to work with final cut, corel painter, and photoshop, and maybe later to begin study maya to build 3d models to animate or export 3d illustrations.

I wish to know what kind and brands of parts i must buy, so i can make a dual os based on your instructions:

RAM (i would like 6GB in triple channel, or 3GB to keep the costs more or less low. )

Video Card (a decent, but more or less cheap, and that could be linked to others in crossfire mode, and work with the snow leopard)

which burner (i alredy lost my faith in samsung and sony, and i dont care about the lightscribe thing)

power source (i have one of 500 watts)

what hard disk (1TB; is it possible to split it to have win7 and snow leopard?)

ETC

I would really appreciate your advice.
Thanks a lot!

ArturoFromMexico said:
I already own an i7-930 and the the gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherbaord, but as im a noob, im not planing on making an overclocked system. Also, im planing on spending at most, more or less, 800 dollars more.

I want to make a decent workstation mainly to work with final cut, corel painter, and photoshop, and maybe later to begin study maya to build 3d models to animate or export 3d illustrations.

I wish to know what kind and brands of parts i must buy, so i can make a dual os based on your instructions:

RAM (i would like 6GB in triple channel, or 3GB to keep the costs more or less low. )

Video Card (a decent, but more or less cheap, and that could be linked to others in crossfire mode, and work with the snow leopard)

which burner (i alredy lost my faith in samsung and sony, and i dont care about the lightscribe thing)

power source (i have one of 500 watts)

what hard disk (1TB; is it possible to split it to have win7 and snow leopard?)

ETC

I would really appreciate your advice.
Thanks a lot!
Have a look at the following guide or my guide in my signature. I would recommend installing each OS on a separate drive but it is possible to put them on the same drive.

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465

Dual booting on the same drive: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back