2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Performa
  6. Plus
  7. PowerBook
  8. SE
  9. SE/30
I'm trying to install "Security Update 2018-002 10.13.6" on an old P7P55D-E PRO system that's already running 10.13.6 with no problems.

I start the installation, it reboots as expected, Clover uses "Boot macOS Install", it brings up the Apple and the boot progress bar, which gets halfway then ... I get a circle with a line through it.

Verbose mode shows this line repeated four times as the last thing logged before the crash:

com_Accusys_driver_Acxxx(0):InitializeController: This is not support type, return Failed.​

Edit: When the circle with the line through it appears, it removes a lot of pixels from the text log so it's hard to read, but I believe the actual last thing logged when it crashes is:

Still waiting for root device​

Fortunately, I can hard-reboot then select "Boot macOS" and boot to 10.13.6 normally, but I'd like to get this patch installed. Anyone have any ideas?

If I can't get this working - then how do I remove the "Boot macOS Install" Clover entry or at least prevent it from being the default boot option? (Edit: I'm going to try https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...from-partition-from-clover-bootloader.185201/)

Last edited:
I Have been dealing with the exact same thing.

Did you found a solution for :
1) Installing the update
2) Removing the entry from the Clover boot menu?

I didn't find a solution for installing the update. I wonder if the problem might be because I recently changed around my volumes - I originally had everything on a 2TB hard drive, but I wanted some extra speed, so I installed a 256GB SSD and moved (SuperDuper!) the OS and applications to it, and left my user account on the hard drive. I installed Clover to the SSD and I boot from that. Maybe something's confusing the installer as to what drive it should be using.

What drives do you have in your system? Have you changed anything recently?

I couldn't remove "Boot macOS Install" from the Clover menu, but at least it's no longer the default any more, after I followed the instructions in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...from-partition-from-clover-bootloader.185201/ and deleted some hidden install directories from the root level of my boot volume.

I didn't find a solution for installing the update. I wonder if the problem might be because I recently changed around my volumes - I originally had everything on a 2TB hard drive, but I wanted some extra speed, so I installed a 256GB SSD and moved (SuperDuper!) the OS and applications to it, and left my user account on the hard drive. I installed Clover to the SSD and I boot from that. Maybe something's confusing the installer as to what drive it should be using.

What drives do you have in your system? Have you changed anything recently?

I couldn't remove "Boot macOS Install" from the Clover menu, but at least it's no longer the default any more, after I followed the instructions in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...from-partition-from-clover-bootloader.185201/ and deleted some hidden install directories from the root level of my boot volume.
Try to remove macOS Install Data directory at the root. This worked for me.

Yesterday I removed all the temp install files that were at the root of the disc and it did remove the other boot options.

I will try the update again tonight.
This has me a bit worried about the Mojave direct upgrade.

After removing all temp files and botched installation files I relaunched the update and it ran through perfectly.

I guess I had old files lying around that created issues.

Security Update 2018-003 10.13.6 is out now (several months ago), so this morning I tried to update to that and I hit the same problems. I suspect that once the computer boots into "Boot macOS Install", it's unable to mount the system drive.

My setup:

- Boot volume is a 250GB SSD, formatted as APFS, with High Sierra installed
- Data volume is a 2TB hard drive, formatted as HFS+, with only a /Users directory on it
- This is a BIOS-based computer, not UEFI, though it looks like Clover pretends that it's UEFI
- Both drives are GPT-formatted and have an EFI partition with Clover installed on both

Here's the weird part.

- I've named each drive's EFI partition different to tell them apart ("SSD-EFI" and "EFI")
- When I run the Clover installer, no matter which drive I tell it to update Clover on, it always updates Clover on the SSD's EFI partiton
- When I boot the computer, no matter which drive I tell it to boot from, it always runs Clover from the hard drive's EFI partition

No idea why this is. The only way I was able to update Clover on the hard drive was to manually copy everything from /Volumes/SSD-EFI to /Volumes/EFI.

Even so, as soon as "Boot macOS Install" starts booting, all drive activity stops until a minute or so later when I get the failure symbol (circle with the line through it).

I'm guessing it doesn't like that my SSD's operating system partition is formatted as APFS. But I don't understand this, because I have apfs.efi on both drives' EFI partition, in the right place (in drivers64UEFI, and also in drivers64 just in case).

Oh well, I can do without the security update for now. This may be the end of my Hackintoshing - I'm tired of having to figure out stuff like this.

I found also that the security upgrade (for MB Asus p7p55d-e pro) also was creating a bunch of problems. I did assess that old extensions not used anymore and old cards (USB or Firewire) create crashes kernels panics. SO I guess we need to clean up extensions unused and take away old cards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back